Waves Introducing The JJP Collection :)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 12, 2007
www.mybeatshop.com
^^ Yea for real!!! If you have Mercury then there going to be free for ya, but I think there going to be at the $600.00 - $750.00 range for everybody else. And also Waves is not updating the Studio Classics Collection with these for those that were wondering about that.

yes

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2006
^^wtf lol well 600 aint bad compared to mercury which i think was in the thousands

but the studio calssics collection needs to be updated some of that shit to me sucks!!and needs to be tweaked tremedously to sound good

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
said 800 for native 1600 for TDM, seems reasonable for what your getting. If they are designed right even most og engineers can't tell much of a difference between the plug ins and the real racks that cost 10s of thousands of dollars

Apr 7, 2006
LOL... I see that Waves had to make sure that the appearance of their plugins looked nothing like the original hardware units... cuz they don't have the license!

Trust me, stick to the folks who got the offiical licenses... Universal Audio

They just dropped the price on one of their deals from 699 to 499... Check it out: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/UAD1FlexiPak...

For what's substantially cheaper than what one of those new Waves plug-ins costs, you can get a DSP card that is dedicated for audio processing (in a fashion similar to Pro Tool HD's accel cards), and 5 plug-ins - one of which is the OFFICIAL PULTEC EPQ-1A:

...ALSO a $500 voucher is included that lets you choose from these plugins: http://my.uaudio.com/store/

You could start by getting the OFFICIAL Fairchild for only $119!

Which would leave you with $381 left on your voucher... hmmm what else?

How about the OFFICIAL Neve 1073?

After that, you'd still have enough left over to get one of the best reverb plugs ever... OFFICIAL of course!

That's a total of 8 plug-ins

Plus - instead of having to pay annual fees for 'maintenance' (google 'Wave's WUP'), folks who use Universal Audio plugins actually get coupons, vouchers, and other exclusive offers...

Universal Audio also manufactures hardware units of the 610, 1176, LA-2A & LA-3A... On the software side they have secured OFFICIAL licensing from NEVE, PULSE TECHNOLOGIES (maker of Pultec), FAIRCHILD, TELETRONIX (og LA-2A), URIE (og 1176 and LA3A), ROLAND, SPL, & EMPIRICAL LABS (the makers of the distressor, which means more great plugs in the future)....

Basically if you're gonna go the bootleg route, why pay more? At least Bombfactory gives their BF76 (bootleg version of Universal Audio's 1176) away for free...

As they say in the audio community,
Cheers!

Apr 26, 2006
Cool plugins, but they ain't going to make a wack song better. If the beat is wack, it's wack.

There's a lot of good alternatives to those expensive ass plugins. URS has some really good shit, PSP Audioware, Voxengo, Kjaerhus, Izotope, Sonalksis, IK Multimedia, Sonnox Oxford, ... Fuck Waves, I never really been a big fan of their plugins. Fuck their gay ass waveshells as well, annoying ass things.

PSP, URS & Sonic TimeWorks CompressorX have been my go to plugins lately.

Apr 7, 2006
Cool plugins, but they ain't going to make a wack song better. If the beat is wack, it's wack.

There's a lot of good alternatives to those expensive ass plugins. URS has some really good shit, PSP Audioware, Voxengo, Kjaerhus, Izotope, Sonalksis, IK Multimedia, Sonnox Oxford, ... Fuck Waves, I never really been a big fan of their plugins. Fuck their gay ass waveshells as well, annoying ass things.

PSP, URS & Sonic TimeWorks CompressorX have been my go to plugins lately.
+1 LOL TimeWorks is the most underated plugin out there!

Apr 26, 2006
+1 LOL TimeWorks is the most underated plugin out there!
Yup, that CompressorX is the $HIT. Oldie but goodie. :cool:

I've been dropping either the Timeworks CompressorX or URS Strip Native and PSP Vintage Warmer underneath at the bottom of the master chain to act as the limiter. Vintage Warmer really brings it all out and CompressorX or URS Strip Native brings it all in nice and tight with their nice compression.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
QUOTE]

I don't know, I bet if that stupid ass laffy taffy song wasn't recorded in a big recording studio that crap would sound like the next myspace superstars bullshit. it still sucked pretty bad but it was a super hit for some reason

Apr 26, 2006
QUOTE]

I don't know, I bet if that stupid ass laffy taffy song wasn't recorded in a big recording studio that crap would sound like the next myspace superstars bullshit. it still sucked pretty bad but it was a super hit for some reason
It was only a hit because the lyrics are catchy and the beat just adds on to the silly vibe of the song. There was nothing sonically special about the beat. Yeah it was "mastered," but so what. The musical notation of the beat is fucking GAY. This is the shit that's currently in demand, interms of the rap game, but it doesn't mean it's good. To me, a song like Laffy Taffy and Crank That are str8 up fucking wack, despite their sucess. Most people can make beats like those, especially Laffy Taffy beat. Their success came off the current trend and marketing. They just got lucky. Kids & stupid adults buy that kind of stuff.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
yeah its sad, I might not be a musical genius but i can and have came up with better shit than that. makes me want to concentrate on some retarded shit since retarded people are the ones buying all the records nowadays

Apr 7, 2006
@ BooBoo619 - I also like using Timeworx's eq for adlibs... It adds a decent amount of grit without comming off as exceedingly harsh!

Apr 7, 2006
The Verdict

And now that it's been out for a while... let's take a look at what some highly respect audio professionals had to say about the Waves JJP collection:

audiomichael said:
I've spent the last hour A/Bing the Waves PuigTec & PuigChild against the UAD Pultec and Fairchild.

Fairchild:
They respond totally differently. The PuigTec seems to have a much faster release. To get close to matching GR, I had to at least 1 digit difference in the "Time Constant". At exact settings they sound completely different, and have completely different GR. My initial findings are that the UAD Fairchild is a little beefier sounding, but the PiugChild has a more open top-end. Because the PuigChild has a faster release, it seems more versatile though. I tried matching the PuigChild to the AbbeyRoad/EMI/Chandler Limiter, and though similar, I had to really blast the PuidChild's input to get in the ballpark. It was close, but the TG12413 was still more agressive.
John Cuniberti said:
I totally agree and will go a bit farther. I purchased the PuigChild without a demo because I dig the API collection and “assumed” the JJP collection would be as accurate as the original analog versions. I was so disappointed I asked WAVES for a refund – yeah that will happen. I have used real Fairchild 670s on hundreds of recordings in the past twenty years and although they all have their quirks due to age, the PuigChild is not similar in sound and performance. The first thing I noticed was the meter ballistics and/or release times – not even close. I’m a huge fan of the UA 670 plug-in so I know it can be done right. My understanding is, UA modeled the Alan Sides 670 and WAVES modeled the JJP unit. Maybe that’s why there is a difference. It’s possible the PuigChild may have been modified over the years or WAVES did a lousy job on the modeling - maybe Jack himself could shed some light on the subject. I’m not saying the PuigChild is not useful, I’m saying it isn’t like any Fairchild 670 I have used.