WARRIORS GET HARRINGTON, JACKSON

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 15, 2003
yup word... i just seen this shit on espn news so i came on here to see if anyone had made a thread yet and sure enuff..... but yeah i like the trade im happy to get al harrington and jackson the only loss i think we suffer and ima miss is diogu although nelson didnt give him much pt i think he is a capable inside scorer..... anyway i like the trade and am a huge warrior fan... i'd had enough of mike dunleavy... murphy is cool i mean last year he averaged a double double but this year he's been thru injuries and just ain't done much.... im just happy we didnt get rid of jrich, bd or monta ellis i woulda been pissed.... im wonderin if these players are gonna all play tonight in la vs the clippers... i think they gonna have to cuz the warriors only had 8 guys healthy against the clippers two days ago and half of them are now traded away so yeah we should expect to see them tonight in LA... ima be watchin at 7:30 for sure

ComputerNerd

Graphic Artist
Apr 25, 2002
diogu is an UNDERSIZED power foward that couldn't learn Nelson's "simple" plays. Harrington fits PERFECT in this system !!

the best part is we didn't have to move Baron, J-Rich, Monta, Petrius, Bedrins......hopefully this means we freed up cap space to sign all 3 next year, and maybe even Barns.
if we gotten Kidd, Carter or Artest, best believe one of 2 of the CORE guys woulda been gone !!!
damn, can't wait for Cleveland at home on Sat, place will be cracalackin !!!

Dec 29, 2004
Hahaha this is the day i've been waiting for. I live in Indiana and can't stand the the Pacers just cuz sorry ass Stephen Jackson. I've been wishing the Pacers would get rid of him for ever now, it sucks the Warriors have to get him. Stephen Jackson is a good player if he's coming off the bench and that's it.

May 10, 2002
Sarunas Jasikevicius is a serviceable back up PG and a 3-point threat. No idea who Josh Powell is though.

Jackson better keep a low profile in Oakland. They aint gon play that 'shoot yer gun in the air' bullshit.

Jun 23, 2002
Decent trade, like someone said - Murphy, Dunleavey and Diogu haven't lived up to expectations. Diogu might be a force but we have Biedrins anyway. Al Harrington will give us a much needed scorer when Ellis and Davis are having off nights, not to mention he'll get us a few more REBOUNDS hopefully. Plus we get rid of 2 of those rediculous contracts. The Warriors finally got the guy they wanted so bad. As for Stephen Jackson, I really don't know what to say besides I hope he doesn't get shot here within 2 months. Just kidding. But he's averaging 14.1 points which is good (better than Murph, Dun or Ike).

The bad thing is that now we have too many players. Don't be surprised if one of your favorites are traded. I don't think they would let Davis or Richardson go and keep Jackson, that would be crazy but the Warriors never cease to amaze me. I'm thinking keep Harrington of course and trade the other scrubs for another decent player.

Jan 31, 2006
Great trade for the Warriors. They get rid of basically 4 useless players in Don Nelson's system (also quite expensive) for 2 players who should flourish and a player who actually knows haw to shoot free throws (Saurunas Jaskifsbdfpkjlhrtpuyhga). Works out for both teams

Apr 25, 2002
I like the trade..major props to Mullin for finding a way to dump 2 overpriced contracts and useless players and still get quality players in return. Harrington should do well in Nelson's system...
cant wait for Sat at the Oracle..Ill be there

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
3VID3NC3 said:
I like the trade..major props to Mullin for finding a way to dump 2 overpriced contracts and useless players and still get quality players in return. Harrington should do well in Nelson's system...
cant wait for Sat at the Oracle..Ill be there

exactly....this is probably the best they were gonna get for those contracts. im glad they did this, even though i wanted diogu to do well. watch these former warriors become all stars in a few years, haha.

May 5, 2004
Balut said:
this trade fucks up my fantasy team as I have Barnes in my lineup. Hopefully they dont take away his PT as he gets me threes, steals, and other categories

but I still dont think they're done. Jackson, J-Rich, Pietrus, & Foyle might still be on the move. J O'Neal has expressed his desire to be traded..maybe give them Jackson back for him??
i think they cleared 80 million, so they could resign barnes, pietrus, andre

Apr 25, 2002
I think they're only saving about $2mill. when you add in the contracts that come in return. Still pretty good tho considering Harrington>Murphy and Jackson>Dunleavy. Plus their contracts are each 1 year shorter then Dunleavy and Murphy's. Now if Mullin can find a way to dump Foyle and get this team to the playoffs he will redeem himself.