Warren G & Travis Barker - 420 Anthem

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 24, 2008

In celebration of the national weed holiday (April 20), west coast legend Warren G teamed up with famed drummer and producer Travis Barker for a 4/20 anthem to smoke to.

To make the special day, the paid have released a free 4/20 download of "Lets Get High (4:20 Anthem)," featuring Black Nicc, which will be featured on Warren G's upcoming album, Tha G-Files.

"I wanted to do something very special this year to support the 420 movement," said Warren G. "Marijuana has been proven to be an effective medicinal treatment for cancer and many other medical problems."

(Download "Let's Get High" right here)

Over the course of his career, Warren G has released five LPs. 1997's Look Over Your Shoulder and 1999's I Want It All were among his most successful, going on to reach gold-selling status, and generated hits such as "I Want It All" and "I Shot The Sheriff," a cover of Bob Marley's popular song by the same name.

But, it was his 1994 debut album, Regulate...G Funk Era, that earned him his multi-platinum plaque, selling over 10 million units worldwide. The album boasted the smash single featuring Nate Dogg, "Regulator," which received multiple award nominations (Grammy, American Music, Soul Train).

With all the accolades under his belt, Warren G is set to release his sixth studio LP, Tha G Files, in August 2009, an entirely self-produced effort.

In addition, to the special 420 promotion, the rapper will also be hosting and participating in a live online chat at WarrenGeezy.com at 9PM (EST) tonight (4-20-09).