Vote for Seattle for Mtv "My Block"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 11, 2005
Mtv bringing your block contest. They narrowed it to four finalist - Long Island, Pheonix, Seattle, & Youngstown. The grand prize winner will be announced in Feb 2007. Click on your VOTE. This might be a good promotional tool... Stop hatin on your scene and vote.. sincerly yours,
Sonny Bonoho
twntyfifty / ga durt

link:: www.myblock.mtv2.com

Apr 25, 2002
That would be so sick.

Kind of some weird choices for My Block Finalists:

Long Island: The suburbs of the Hip-Hop Mecca

Phoenix: Not a particularly visible black community, it'd have to be either Mexican American influenced or just zero in on some tiny parts of South Phoenix.

Youngstown: Hood as hell, but small.

I hope we win, that'd be great.

May 9, 2002
As much as im for this, who are they gonna show?No one from Seattle is even remotely big outside of WA, OR and ID. But then again, neither is anyone from the other 3 cities and there regions. I guess they are thinking they can HELP these cities? We will see. At least MTV is trying.

Apr 25, 2002
D'struction said:
cool cool, just voted like 20 times..that would be dope to see that shit
Me too.

Part of me wants to stay up all night literally and vote thousands of times but then again that would be a little too crazy.

Jul 22, 2005
I'd like to so Phoenix before I'd wanna see Seattle. There really ain't anybody worth seeing on TV from Seattle. I don't even know any rappers from AZ either.

Apr 25, 2002
Jesse fuckin' Rice said:
As much as im for this, who are they gonna show?No one from Seattle is even remotely big outside of WA, OR and ID. But then again, neither is anyone from the other 3 cities and there regions. I guess they are thinking they can HELP these cities? We will see. At least MTV is trying.
Right on except for Long Island. Repping Long Island you've got:

Public Enemy
EPMD
Brand Nubian
Aesop Rock
De La Soul
Rakim

That's a pretty impressive lineup right there.

But yeah like Miss Lady said, the majority of Long Island is suburban and wealthy. Just some of those suburbs (not all are wealthy, Roosevelt is NOT) have produced some great hip-hop artists.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
what's funny, is once you vote, you can click the option to "vote again." I think I voted like 10 times...lol...

Apr 7, 2004
It wont matter who they show. Just know if they come majors and others will be watching. Those who do get some spot light have some shit ready for mtv. Make Seattle look good.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
localstar907 said:
Make Seattle look good.
Really though, I hope they dont' chose some egotisitical fucking douche bag, cause there are quite a few of them. If they come out here, they should fuck with Neema, Syko (if he's here), Sonny, that cat Young Soprano, maybe Byron Doulgas and RHS too. Otherwise, it'll turn into, "I'm the dopest rapper in the NW, fuck all these other cats," or some stupid ignorant shit like that.

Apr 25, 2002
INPUT said:
If they come out here, they should fuck with Neema, Syko (if he's here), Sonny, that cat Young Soprano, maybe Byron Doulgas and RHS too.
I don't agree w/ any of your choices except for maybe RHS. 10 different people are going to have 10 different opinions on who they should show, so that really doesn't matter at all.

What matters is that they actually show somebody, this is bigger than a few individuals, don't worry about an individual making us look bad, b/c right now we don't look anything at all.

Nov 7, 2003
www.myspace.com
Who put together the tape for the vote promo? reason i ask is i didnt see nobody besides silver,and bonoho on that joint. if you ask me its allways some muthafuckus from the underground trying to give people out of town the inside to seattle hip hop scene, and putting they no album out homies on shit. real talk our promo should of been better than that shit.......

Mar 11, 2005
ESRMUSIC said:
Who put together the tape for the vote promo? reason i ask is i didnt see nobody besides silver,and bonoho on that joint. if you ask me its allways some muthafuckus from the underground trying to give people out of town the inside to seattle hip hop scene, and putting they no album out homies on shit. real talk our promo should of been better than that shit.......

E, i wasn't on there. That was JFK of old dominion.