Vikings close to acquiring Randy Moss

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 30, 2006
The Minnesota Vikings are attempting to pull off their biggest blockbuster since acquiring Brett Favre.

FOXSports.com has learned that the Minnesota Vikings and New England Patriots have been in serious trade talks and are very close to a deal that would send All-Pro wide receiver Randy Moss back to the team that drafted him.

However, Patriots sources say the deal is contigent upon Moss working out a contract with the Vikings. All sides are still trying to hammer out the contract Tuesday.

In a 41-point outburst Monday night over the Dolphins, Moss caught zero passes, and he has made his displeasure known with his contract status in New England.

Moss, 33, was a first-round pick of the Vikings in 1998 and shined for several years before being shipped to Oakland in 2005. The four-time All-Pro and seven-time Pro Bowl selection was traded from the Raiders to the Patriots on Day 1 of the 2007 NFL draft in exchange for a fourth-round pick in the ’07 draft.

In his first three seasons in New England, Moss caught 250 passes for 3,765 yards and 47 touchdowns. In 2010, he has nine catches for 139 yards and three touchdowns.

The Vikings have been searching for a star-caliber receiver and were unable to pick up Chargers wide receiver Vincent Jackson.

Aug 23, 2002
fuck the vikings... They already have to many high profile players. send him to a team that needs him... I hate to say it but send him to the raiders or the niners. I think vikings are probably the only team that has the money and draft spots to trade though.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
He's supposed to have a bye with the Patriots this week. I'm fucked if he gets traded...

That would mean he plays 17 games this season.

Nov 7, 2006
hope we get something good for him. dude lost his touch, and i wouldnt say he gives up on plays but if he knows the play is not coming his way he doesnt try to sell it at all. and he cant block for shit either. with all the young talent we got bursting out this year and i think that tate kid can be an impact on the deep pass so i dont see why we would keep him around, specially if we trade him and get something for it instead of just letting him go next year which was obviously gonna happen.

Dec 30, 2003
fuck the vikings... They already have to many high profile players. send him to a team that needs him... I hate to say it but send him to the raiders or the niners. I think vikings are probably the only team that has the money and draft spots to trade though.
tried that already...LOL

Jun 9, 2007
Fantasy standpoint.. it's another week he can potentially hurt you.. I know, pretty weak argument, but whatever. :)

I'm just fine with pickin up Moss, as long as they aint givin up too much in return. Favre has probably came in his pants 5 times already since the news started breaking.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
hope we get something good for him. dude lost his touch, and i wouldnt say he gives up on plays but if he knows the play is not coming his way he doesnt try to sell it at all. and he cant block for shit either. with all the young talent we got bursting out this year and i think that tate kid can be an impact on the deep pass so i dont see why we would keep him around, specially if we trade him and get something for it instead of just letting him go next year which was obviously gonna happen.
he hasn't lost his touch, that's what foos where saying when he was in oakland. but you right, he gives up. that foo ain't a team player whatsoever. send him to the bengals so the world can implode from all those egos.

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
I'm a big randy moss fan, I say fucc it who cares where he goes he obviously don't wanna play for the pats

He still can play too, he's gonna hurt sum teams in the nfc now

Aug 9, 2006
fantasy up or down? im assuming favre will "hail" it to him every once in a while to get the DBs from stacking the box...he got Zero catches on monday....i won my fantasy but that shit hurt...when was the last time he got ZERO catches not in silver and black?

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I'm with V I don't understand why him playing 17 games is a problem...
Cuz the dude who has him in fantasy is playing me this week, and I'd be really happy if he sat against me.

I'm sure he'd also want compensation for an extra game.