Vikes meet to talk about Vincent Jackson

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
ESPN: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5592256

"The Minnesota Vikings expect to convene either Sunday night or Monday on whether to make a serious play for San Diego Chargers suspended wide receiver Vincent Jackson, according to team and league sources."

"The Vikings are considering offering Jackson a one-year deal worth between $4 million and $6 million with a guarantee they will not franchise him next offseason. Under those conditions, the Chargers might be willing to take lesser compensation, such as a third-round pick they would have hoped to receive next April as a compensatory pick were Jackson to leave as a free agent. Even though there is a draft, there is some uncertainty about the compensatory pick formula, a source said."

Aug 9, 2006
so if he plays a year under that condition he would end up being a SD charger at the end of the year? that doesnt make any sense, but i guess with this uncapped year teams could get away with shit that they never could before, thats intresting and i wouldnt mind my team blowing a 3rd round pick for a half a season of this guys services, anything is better then Justin stone hand Gage, doesnt look like fish wants kenny britt to start anytime soon

Aug 9, 2006
i wasnt suggesting he plays IN SD, just that his "rights" would be given back to the chargers...that contract is far off what the top WRs will get from now on, 10 mill a year isnt crazy money for an elite WR

Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
i wasnt suggesting he plays IN SD, just that his "rights" would be given back to the chargers...that contract is far off what the top WRs will get from now on, 10 mill a year isnt crazy money for an elite WR
I understand what you were saying, just stating what i believe to be the fact...Would you give this guy $10mil a year? He is NOT in the same class as Fitzgerald.
The biggest issue is that this guy cant stay out of trouble away from the game. 2Dui's- He's already been suspended by the NFL...One more misstep by him and he's suspended for a whole season, would you really take that chance?
He shouldve signed his tender for $3million-play out the season and sign a huge contract afterwards. But these guys listen to their agents way too much

Aug 9, 2006
I understand what you were saying, just stating what i believe to be the fact...Would you give this guy $10mil a year? He is NOT in the same class as Fitzgerald.
The biggest issue is that this guy cant stay out of trouble away from the game. 2Dui's- He's already been suspended by the NFL...One more misstep by him and he's suspended for a whole season, would you really take that chance?
He shouldve signed his tender for $3million-play out the season and sign a huge contract afterwards. But these guys listen to their agents way too much
me? hell no i wouldnt, but im not a billionaire old white guy that think of these dudes as property, him and mcneil are crazy for holding out the season before a potential lockout, if something crazy happens and no football year they would be away from football for 2 years, im sure they are taking major losses for this shit

Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
me? hell no i wouldnt, but im not a billionaire old white guy that think of these dudes as property, him and mcneil are crazy for holding out the season before a potential lockout, if something crazy happens and no football year they would be away from football for 2 years, im sure they are taking major losses for this shit
perhaps the best shit youve ever said in all your years on the siccness..lol

Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
if this is true. were about to rape the vikes in a trade since there desperate
not necessarily, its really not in minnesotas hands its in VJ's. If he signs by wed. then he only sits 4 games. If not he sits 6 games, so yes there is a sense of urgency on both parts. But he could easily say he doesnt want to play there and still wont sign a contract. Minnesota is offering like a 1yr 6million deal or something like that. Either way he isnt going to get a long term deal which is what he was holding out for. Or the chargers could just black ball him and let him sit all season for being an asshole lol...i would just assume they get what they can and wash their hands. Im tired of hearing about this

Aug 15, 2007
Inland Empire
not necessarily, its really not in minnesotas hands its in VJ's. If he signs by wed. then he only sits 4 games. If not he sits 6 games, so yes there is a sense of urgency on both parts. But he could easily say he doesnt want to play there and still wont sign a contract. Minnesota is offering like a 1yr 6million deal or something like that. Either way he isnt going to get a long term deal which is what he was holding out for. Or the chargers could just black ball him and let him sit all season for being an asshole lol...i would just assume they get what they can and wash their hands. Im tired of hearing about this
fuck. now i just read that any trade for vj will be a longshot. no team can afford his demands ahaha. he should just end this whole thing when his suspension is over,suit up and play,then smith will deal with him after the season. same goes for marcus mcneil

Aug 9, 2002
fuck. now i just read that any trade for vj will be a longshot. no team can afford his demands ahaha. he should just end this whole thing when his suspension is over,suit up and play,then smith will deal with him after the season. same goes for marcus mcneil
Exactly! He really askin for too much too early. If he would just shut up n play then the chargers or another team will offer him a nice contract. What if he comes back to the chargers and he gets hurt from lack of play and training? His value will go way down and his contract negotiations.