VH1 Top 50 in hip-hop

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 19, 2003
Pimperoni said:
I think those lists they make are fucking retarded.
You're not kidding. Here's some random thoughts from me:

1). Eve (#46), Ja Rule (#39), Nelly (#29), DMX (#23), and Eminem (#6) haven't been in the game long enough to deserve inclusion on this kind of list (ESPECIALLY not Ja Rule and Eve). Yeah, they're selling right now, but will their stuff last? Give them five more years, and if their stuff still holds up then, we'll talk.

2). Tone Loc (#49) and Arrested Development (#47) are basically one-hit wonders whose main appeal was to the crossover audience who normally wouldn't listen to Rap (as was Coolio after IT TAKES A THIEF, even though "Gangsta's Paradise" was a good song).

3). Lil Kim (#34), Cypress Hill (#32) and Snoop Dogg (#25) had dope debut CDs, but the ones that followed were just adequate-to-mediocre-to-wack, IMHO.

4). NWA (#13) should be in the top five--Notorious B.I.G. does NOT belong at #4! READY 2 DIE was a classic, but LIFE AFTER DEATH was spotty. NWA never came wack, even after Cube left!

5). Ice Cube (#26) should be at least between 5 and 10 (if not the top five)--his more recent stuff (WAR & PEACE) should have been better, but AMERIKKKA'S MOST WANTED, DEATH CERTIFICATE and THE PREDATOR were all classics!

Just my opinion, though. What's yours? PEACE!