Velvet Music Reviews : Moonshine Bandits - Soggy Crackerz

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.moonshinebandits.com
thank you for analyzing our album....We appreciate the time you took to disect each track...It is great to see people's perspective on things, so that we can make changes/additions to the follow-up album which is entitled "PROHIBITION" & WILL DEFINATELY SHOCK THE INDUSTRY!

THANKS HOMIE...EVERYONE PLEASE PEEP THE REVIEW, BABY NICKY SPENT HIS OWN TIME TO HIT US W/ THIS, WE APPRECIATE IT!PEEP IT YALL, WHEN U HAVE A FREE SEC.....

Apr 25, 2002
www.velvetmusic.tk
since raptalk went down and lost the review I'll post it up in here...

Moonshine Bandits - Soggy Crackerz

1. Country Livin'
2. Daylight
3. Showgirlz
4. Crooked Swerve
5. Cluckaz
6. No More Blingin'
7. Cali Girlz
8. Looney (Remix)
9. Whitefolkz
10. Smoken Or Soaken
11. Cranky Hangover
12. Daylight (Remix)
13. Hideaway (Hot Spot)
14. Same Ol' Me
15. Do-si Do Part 2
16. On The House
17. The Next Chapter

©2003 MSB Entertainment, Inc.

Country Livin'
Production : G-Roc
Vocals : Moonshine Bandits & Bubba Sparxxx
The album starts off right away with a really tight song. It's produced by G-Roc who does almost all of the production on the album. It's a typical Moonshine Bandits beat, fit for clubs with that typical G-Roc touch to it, I like the beat a lot. Both the Moonshine Bandits and Bubba Sparxxx come very good on the verses. On top of that you get that typical Moonshine Bandits hook, which is really melodic. I'm feeling the song, it's the remake of the original version "Small Townerz" off the Soggy Crackerz Soaked In Beer album. A nice song which sets the pace for the rest of the album. Start getting perved!
"Moonshine, now you know. From a small town, so welcome to our show..."

Daylight
Vocals : Moonshine Bandits
One of my favourite tracks right here. It's once again a typical G-Roc club beat, you got to love that bass. It's very uptempo and just makes you want to move. The verses are really clean and they're a joy to listen to. But what absolutely shines out is the sublime melodic hook, which is so typical about Moonshine Bandits songs. Like the Moonshine Bandits say : "Here's a little some' to bump in your ride. So sit back, relax and turn up the track and live your life". A tight song!
"Just a lil' som'um som'um that'll keep a clubber jumpin', so bump this in your ride tonight..."

Showgirlz
Production : Errelevent
A song dedicated to strippers. The beat is pretty good, I've heard better but it's still cool. The bass is crazy though, you'll like that one. The verses are alright, they sound nice over this beat. Only this time the hook isn't that special, they've done a lot better hooks. It's still a good song but I'm just used to more from the Moonshine Bandits. I do like the sung/rapped parts in the verses though, they're very tight. A good song but not what I'm expecting from them.
"It don't really matter how much money that you got. The only thing that matters is how much you wanna spent..."

Crooked Swerve
Vocals : Moonshine Bandits & E-40
This is, or is going to be, a classic Moonshine Bandits song. The beat, produced by G-Roc again, is really clean. Once again an uptempo club banger with a really nice bass. This song features Bay veteran E-40, both him and the Moonshine bandits come perfect on the verses. The hook is very melodic again and will have your head nodding all night. A nice song to get drunk to, and who can make a better song about getting drunk than the people that know the most of it?
"Get your crooked swerve on. Tip your cup now drink it up..."

Cluckaz
This one's straight off Soggy Crackerz Soaked In Beer. It's a G-Roc production, and yes, once again a club banger with an uptempo pace, a little slower this time though. The verses sound really tight, they fit the beat a lot. Especially the sung/rapped parts are really nice in my opinion, they give a really nice extra dimension to the song. The hook is alright, they got better but it's still good. Overall this is an okay song, could use a better hook though.
"If you're a clucka, your time is up. The Moonshine Bandits are rising up..."

No More Blingin'
Another one off Soggy Crackerz Soaked In Beer. It's a message to all those who sporting expensive stuff. This song has, again, that typical G-Roc style. They might consider working with some more producers. G-Roc is nice but even that gets a little too much after a while. The verses come really nice, I'm feeling them. The hook is nothing too special, it doesn't make the song better nor makes it worse. An avarage song.
"You can build your mansions while we build our huts.."

Cali Girlz
Once again, a song taken off the Soggy Crackerz Soaked In Beer album. The beat is a little less hard as the others but it's still a typical G-Roc beat, I kind of like it but he has made better. The verses aren't that good this time, they kind of get boring after a while. The hook is catchy but very simple, but sometimes those are the best. I do like the second verse a lot. This is just an avarage song.
"Hey yo, cali girl can you go with me? Getty up, time to roll with me..."

Looney (Remix)
I don't know what's up with this but it sounds like it isn't mixed down properly. It switches from really loud to really quiet. Too bad cause I like this song. It's a very fast party track with some really tight verses from the Big Belly Booza. The hook is catchy too, I'm feeling it a lot. This is a great song but it's too bad that it sounds so weird,ah wlel it's still a tight song.
"If you wanna shake your booty, let your mind go looney looney..."

Whitefolkz
Vocals : Moonshine Bandits & Bukshot
Now this is another one of my favourite songs, and no not cause I'm white. The beat is something else for a change. It still has a mad hard bass but it isn't as hectic as the others. Like they put in a pause here to rest for a minute and refresh your drink. The verses by both the Moonshine Bandits and Bukshot sound perfect. The hook is nice too, I'm feeling it. You'll probably like this song, it's real nice.
"Quit testing me, why you question me? If you open your mind you could finally see..."

Smoken Or Soaken
Vocals : Moonshine Bandits & Young Droop
Another Soggy Crackerz Soaked In Beer take off. It wasn't one of my favourites back when I heard that album and it isn't one of my favourites now. I guess they wanted to have their homie Young Droop on this release too. The beat is alright, same goes for the verses but the hook is kind of boring, especially when you compare it to some of the really tight hooks they had before. An avarage song.
"Time flies by when your drunk or high..."

Cranky Hangover
Again a take off. This one was my favourite on the first album. I still like it a lot but it sounds a lot worse quality than the other songs and that bothers me a bit. I don't know why it sounds that way but it just does. Besides that it's still a tight song. The beat is real bouncy and perfect to play at clubs. The verses and hook are really good and even funny at times. These guys sure know something about getting drunk and having hangovers. See, you need to sing about what you know!
"Cause I'm cranky, stop talking to me. Cause I'm just like the jerk that I wanna be..."

Daylight (Remix)
Vocals : Moonshine Bandits & Kaoz The Assassin
This is basicly the same song as version #1 but with a verse from Kaoz The Assassin. Besides that I can't really hear too much difference besides that it seems to be recorded a lot cleaner and that it sounds more crisp. If this IS an actual remix I advice the guys to get somebody else to do a remix than G-Roc himself cause to me, it sounds almost exactly the same but it could just be me. Anyway, I like this version more than the original, it's tight!
"Just a lil' som'um som'um that'll keep a clubber jumpin', so bump this in your ride tonight..."

Hideaway (Hot Spot)
This is a slower song but still with that hard bassed G-Roc touch to it. It's pretty cool cause it sounds funny and sincere at the same time. The verses are really nice, laidback. They're a lot different than when it's a club track. The hook is tight too, I'm feeling it a lot. It's another song off the Soggy Crackerz Soaked In Beer album but this time there doesn't seem to be any mix problem, I wonder what's up with that. Good song!
"Lately, my baby shady. Call me crazy but she can't even try to fade me..."

Same Ol' Me
Production : Dale Babb
Vocals : Moonshine Bandits & Haystack
Now this is my absolute favourite off the album. The way it starts off alone is off the hook. The beat fits the Moonshine Bandits style but is produced by Dale Babb this time and it's nice to hear someone behind the boards that's not called G-Roc, it's real refreshing. The Moonshine Bandits and Haystack both come very, very tight on the verses. And Haystack breaks off that hook in pieces together. You'll definitly feel this song, at least I do.
"All this he say and she say is enough to drive a motherfucker crazy..."

Do-si Do Part 2
Production : Tyrant
Vocals : Moonshine Bandits & Overdoze
And right here is my second favourite. This is crazy right here, it's hilarious as hell. It's like the Moonshine Bandits are having a barn dance right there on the cd. I always crack up when playing this one but besides that it's really tight too. The beat just fits the Bandit-style and it's fresh since it isn't a G-Roc beat. The verses are real tight, I'm loving the Overdoze verse. The hook is tight too, very funny. You're going to love this song, believe me!
"Front to back, grab your partner. Do-si do, got everybody screaming out Lordy Lordy Lord..."

Apr 25, 2002
www.velvetmusic.tk
On The House
Now this is a tight song right here. It's a typical club banger but with that extra bouncy twist to it. G-Roc produced a really nice one right here. The Moonshine Bandits come with pretty good verses that fit the uptempo beat. The hook is okay too, it fits the beat but it's nothing too special. You can't sit still to this song, it's really a party track and you got to love that. Bump this one at your parties and get faded to it!
"All the ladies in the club, it's on the house y'all. Everybody showing love, it's on the house y'all..."

The Next Chapter
Production : eMDe
Vocals : Moonshine Bandits, Derrty D & eMDe
The last track is a pretty good track too. It's pretty original, something else from the Moonshine Bandits. It's a slower paced track by eMDe, I like it except the choir like sounds in the back. The verses are alright, I'm feeling them, except the eMDe one it doesn't fit the Moonshine Bandit style I'm not feeling him too much. But the hook is reall good, I like that a lot! Overall a very good song right here, good job!
"There's a lot of people down here that really don't know about the way we living our life and all the people we know, all the places we go and all the homies that roll..."

If you're thinking : "Man, a lot of recycled material", you're right but you're wrong too. For the people who have Soggy Crackerz Soaked In Beer this might seem like a lot of recycled material, but that was an independent release and hard to find now. Soggy Crackerz is the nationwide release. So they took the best off the old album and a lot of new songs and rereleased it, that explains all the familiar songs. I advise you to pick this one up cause it's an extremely original and tight album. The production is on point, although I would like to see them work with more producers cause there's too many G-Roc productions. He's tight but too much is never good. Besides that this album was a complete blast. The hooks are very melodic and original, it's a whole new style, especially for the West. The verses were also very good, they fit the beat perfectly. The features were alright, they could've left some of the smaller names off but the other ones were major and you got to give them props for that. It's not every day you see an album with the likes of E-40, Haystack and Bubba Sparxxx. I see some big things coming up for the Moonshiners and I'll be down to support them if the music keeps improving. So be sure to pick this one up and keep checking both Velvet Music and www.moonshinebandits.com for updates on the group.

Reviewed by Baby Nicky

Apr 25, 2002
Baby Nicky said:

Do-si Do Part 2
Production : Tyrant
Vocals : Moonshine Bandits & Overdoze
And right here is my second favourite. This is crazy right here, it's hilarious as hell. It's like the Moonshine Bandits are having a barn dance right there on the cd. I always crack up when playing this one but besides that it's really tight too. The beat just fits the Bandit-style and it's fresh since it isn't a G-Roc beat. The verses are real tight, I'm loving the Overdoze verse. The hook is tight too, very funny. You're going to love this song, believe me!
"Front to back, grab your partner. Do-si do, got everybody screaming out Lordy Lordy Lord..."
Right on, be expecting more MSB and Overdoze (Daddy O) colabs quick fast and in a hurry