Unreleased Mobb Deep track "Nightmares", produced by Dr Dre (link inside)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 11, 2005
Giesuz said:
sure that this is a dre beat? i don´t like it
Y-Soulja said:
Hm I don't think it was by dre
Check out these links:
http://www.ballerstatus.net/news/read/id/63638463/

Quote from the article: The Queensbridge veterans also get an assist on the boards from long-time collaborator Alchemist on "The Infamous," while taking the legendary Dr. Dre through uncharted territory on "Nightmares."

"['Nightmares'] don't sound like a Dre record," said Prodigy about Dre's experimental, enthralling production

http://www.vh1.com/artists/news/1521579/01252006/g_unit.jhtml

Quote from the article: The first single is called "Put Them in Their Place"; other tracks on the album include a record with 50 Cent called "Pearly Gates" and one produced by Dr. Dre called "Nightmares." ("Working with Dre, as you can imagine, is ill," Havoc said with a smile. "It's that Dre darkness.")

El D

Sicc OG
Mar 7, 2006
^lol that's wassup...
folks are still desperately trying to save dre's reputation as a beatmaker ... but the truth is that his beats are ASS nowadays...

Y-S

Sicc OG
Dec 10, 2005
Good looks on this, Do It

Dre's just only a human so we all sometimes make mistakes, so it's not really a biggie....I think anyone should be glad that this kind of record hasn't been put on "Blood Money" album....

Apr 25, 2002
dre is an innovator - remember when the 2001 album dropped? i know i wasnt the only one who thought a lot of those beats were wack when i first listened to them.

anyone know why exactly the track didnt make the album?

p.s. that track is tight

RB20

Sicc OG
Aug 22, 2003
I thought the beat was different, but good.

50's hook or voice over or whatever that was just retarded.

Personally, I thought 2001 beats were nice the first listen through.

May 10, 2002
Basically, Dre is trying to get into film scoring. A lot of his tracks lately have reflected that. If this track didn't have rappers on it, you could play this in the background of a movie and it would fit.

Listen to "Live By The Gun" on Tony Yayo's album, "Get You Some", "Legend of the Fall Offs" on Busta Rhymes album, "Gunz Come Out" on 50 Cent's album.. shit even "The Setup" on Obie Trice's album to get an idea of the direction he's going in.

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

I didnt think the beat was that bad, and this is coming from someone that does not like Dr Dres production...

Jul 9, 2005
i thought it was a tight tracc...the song would be better if that dam "whoo kid" sample wasnt on it or the radio dj talkin on it..