Unlikely end for aspiring Oakland Rapper (rip kdoe)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 13, 2005

This was posted on Davey D's blog today..http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=15116190&blogID=362589694
Posted by DLabrie

Let's Set the Records Straight
For the record KDoe was not trying to beat the train nor did he commit suicide. He is not the 1st to be killed or injured by this dangerous intersection and he will not be the last unless Amtrak takes responsibility for there lack of consideration for pedestrians.

This has been researched by K-Midas artist BLeev and co-founder Twizznot. KDoe was waiting for the train to pass while talking on the phone on Hesperian approaching Springlake Drive going toward Lewelling. There is no guard rail coming from the direction he was walking from. Witnesses say he was sucked in by the wind tunnel the train going at 80 miles an hour created and was struck in the head, dragged by the train and thrusted 100 feet across the street, dying on impact.

"He never saw it coming",claimed a witness.

His body was not impacted and his Ipod was found with little damage. I
as a person who previously lived in the building right in back of these tracks for over 4 years have had several close calls with this train route myself. There are many apartment buildings in this area many of which house students who commute to school on foot, by bus or BART. The bus stop is within feet of the tracks and the bart station is around the corner. There is no way this can be seen as a safe intersection. Something has to change so that KDoe's death is not in vein and so that Amtrak is held responsible for its irreversable and irresponsible actions toward citizens in San Leandro and possibly wherever they have trains.

The statement made by Vernae Graham was made to lead us to believe it was KDoe's fault. This is a 100% lie and nothing more than a PR strategy to relieve them of any liabilty. I had a similar situation with a very dangerous train crossing in San Jose,CA near stockton road with poor lighting, confusing signs/intersections and out of place guard rails. A friend of mine driving got confused and swereved onto the train tracks by accident toward a moving train. We got out the car just in time and watched the train destroy the car in a dramatic explosion. It was like a movie. Shortly after, train officials and police came to question us about our intoxication level (we were completely sober).

Before even taking a moment to hear us out and take o
ur story serious they were already trying to put the cost of train damage on us. As if we were driving reckless. This is an issue that im sure has touched many families. Ideas are welcome for a solution to Train deaths in our Communities!! There has to be a safer way.