United States's interference with other nations...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

What do you think?

• As a major world power it is our obligation to interfere with the conflict in other nations

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Nah it's just some bullshit, we need to stop risking lives to help "police" the rest of the world, s

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • I simply don't give a fck

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
Dec 25, 2003
This question is extremely relevent to the current actions of the Bush administration. The assertion that this current line of discussion is a "shame" is probably due to your overall support of Bush.

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
WHITE DEVIL said:
This question is extremely relevent to the current actions of the Bush administration. The assertion that this current line of discussion is a "shame" is probably due to your overall support of Bush.
No, not really. Your whole point by posting up those things is to further smear the Bush cabinet, and this is known. You did not even attempt to tie these things in; you simply posted your rehashed article as-is and expected people to fill in the gaps instead.

Dec 25, 2003
I felt like quoting pieces of it...but I figured if people were interested, they would read. All of it is completely factual, there's no "spin"...whether or not I tied it in was more a matter of expediency.

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
Indeed.

Now can we get off Bush, and talk about the larger issue of the USA "interfering" with other nations? It is not as though the only time we've ever interfered or not interfered was in the last 4 years, you know. Last i checked, the Declaration of Independence wasn't written up in Late 2000.

Dec 25, 2003
However, never under Clinton or Bush 41 have our global "influence" or actions been this staunch. This current administration's global policy choices have the most far-reaching and generally talked about, lauded/criticized, analyzed, etc. This Administration's actions have been the most far-reaching and internationally causal in recent history. Not since Reagan have we seen such aggressive foreign policy.

Clinton, Bush 41, Carter, etc. could not be / have not been accused of actions with such scope and global implications. Yes, they all made decisions dealing with foreign policy, but they did not go about, as Bush has, on a campaign of imposition of American will across the globe. Yes, it might seem "fair and balanced" to bring up the past 18 presidents on foreign policy matters, but Bush's have been the most public, the most relevant, and the most glaring examples of foreign intervention...so unfortunately, the "Bush bashing" very much has a place in this thread.

Insofar as this board exists to discuess theory, history, etc., it is also very much tied to current events. Your insistence that we must ignore Bush in this thread is tantamount to me asking that Christianity and Islam be ignored in a study of world religions. It simply isn't practical or efficacious.

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
I am not saying we "Must ignore Bush", i am saying that there is a larger picture here. If you don't know your history, how can you discuss current events?

And you cannot really compare leaving out in a religious conversation Christianity and Islam, timeless elements, to a more time-based element like president Bush in a discussion of foreign policy. It simply does not make sense. Christianity and Islam dont come around every 4-8 years, then disappear forever. They have been here for over 1400 years each and will continue to exist for hundreds of years to come.

Just because we have the internet and 100s of TV channels, and so much more information is readily available, does NOT mean that "Bush's [foreign policy matters] have been the most public, the most relevant, and the most glaring examples of foreign intervention". That is simply your own interpretation, which you are all but refusing to compare to other presidents or foreign leaders.