Undergroud Popularity

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 27, 2007
So I am from Minnesota and now live in San Francisco, when I went home recently I realized that the underground culture in the twin cities is strong but radio play is lacking, while out here in the bay underground artists are all over the local radio stations, some even with their own radio shows. Why do you think this is?

Oct 12, 2002
www.myspace.com
its the same here in KC , they got a few local spots but their so late at night whos gonna stay up to listen unless your a tweeker . i wish there was local play then maybe i'd listen to the radio agin but i don't think it will ever happen atleast round here . radio is to worried bout numbers and only spin what they gettin royalitys off of i guess .

Feb 28, 2007
Sierra said:
So I am from Minnesota and now live in San Francisco, when I went home recently I realized that the underground culture in the twin cities is strong but radio play is lacking, while out here in the bay underground artists are all over the local radio stations, some even with their own radio shows. Why do you think this is?

Cause the is were we live this shit so its not just songs or whatever. I guess the reason why nobody feels our shit is its so different anywhere else. You aint gone here someone in new york slappin that go in they whip nowhere else. In the bay we got to give love to our underground rappers.

Feb 17, 2006
the love for the underground artists in the bay is huge, so the DJs play the music because it's popular...in other places where the underground stuff aint as big, it's all about the money