UFC 135

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 22, 2007

September 24, 2011 at the Pepsi Center in Denver, Colorado.

Main Card
Light Heavyweight Championship: Jon Jones (c) vs. Quinton Jackson
Welterweight bout: Matt Hughes vs. Josh Koscheck
Heavyweight bout: Travis Browne vs. Rob Broughton
Lightweight bout: Nate Diaz vs. Takanori Gomi
Heavyweight bout: Ben Rothwell vs. Mark Hunt

Preliminary Card (Spike TV)
Lightweight bout: Tony Ferguson vs. Aaron Riley
Middleweight bout: Nick Ring vs. Tim Boetsch

Preliminary Card
Featherweight bout: Junior Assunção vs. Eddie Yagin
Bantamweight bout: Takeya Mizugaki vs. Cole Escovedo
Light Heavyweight bout: James Te Huna vs. Ricardo Romero

May 6, 2009
Rampage is just too one dimensional for Jones. I would LOVE to see them stand and bang, but I think Jones is going to implement a smart gameplan and take him down and wear him out. I like them both, so don't really care who wins. Just want to see a good fight.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
should be interesting. Bones gets all of his takedowns from the clinch and Rampage has a dirty clinch game. It could end up being like Rampage-Griffin or Rampage-Hendo.

I'm guessing they'll throw Nate-Gomi and Manvil-Nunes on Spike

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
MAIN CARD

Champ Jon Jones vs. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (for light-heavyweight title)
Matt Hughes vs. Diego Sanchez
Rob Broughton vs. Travis Browne
Nate Diaz vs. Takanori Gomi
Mark Hunt vs. Ben Rothwell

PRELIMINARY CARD

Aaron Riley vs. Tony Ferguson
Damacio Page vs. Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto
Tim Boetsch vs. Nick Ring
Ricardo Romero vs. James Te Huna
Diego Nunes vs. TBA
Cole Escovedo vs. Takeya Mizugaki

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
Josh Koscheck accepts UFC 135 bout with Matt Hughes, awaits official word

Diego Sanchez's loss could be Josh Koscheck's gain.

Koscheck (15-5 MMA, 13-5 UFC), who hasn't fought since a December title loss to welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre due to a broken orbital bone, tweeted that he's accepted Sanchez's spot on this month's UFC 135 card.

Sanchez (23-4 MMA, 12-4 UFC) recently pulled out of a fight with Matt Hughes (45-8 MMA, 18-6 UFC) due a broken hand. Koscheck now awaits word from Hughes on whether he'll accept the bout.

UFC 135 takes place Sept. 24 at Denver's Pepsi Center. A title fight between light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson headlines the pay-per-view main card.

Hughes and Sanchez were slated for the co-main event, and if Koscheck officially takes the spot, it'll likely retain co-headlining status.

Koscheck earned his title shot after winning three straight fights and four of five. The victories came over the likes of Anthony Johnson and Paul Daley. However, "The Ultimate Fighter 1" cast member and former NCAA Division I national wrestling champion then suffered a one-sided decision loss to St-Pierre in his first-ever title shot. He's been recovering since the UFC 124 defeat and received clearance to resume full training a month ago, though he's remained active even during the recovery.

Meanwhile, Hughes hasn't fought since November 2010, when he suffered a quick, 21-second knockout to B.J. Penn. Hughes, who long had been considered the best welterweight in MMA history, briefly contemplated retirement in 2008 following back-to-back losses to St-Pierre and Thiago Alves. However, while fighting only occasionally, the UFC Hall of Famer had put together a three-fight win streak with victories over Matt Serra, Renzo Gracie and Ricardo Almeida before the recent Penn loss.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Kos is gonna have fun cutting weight on short notice lol he was training to fight at 185, but i'm glad he's stepping up, i'd rather see him then Diego. Something about Diego I can't stand.

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
Matt Hughes vs. Josh Koscheck official for UFC 135 in Denver

It's a busy day at the Zuffa offices.

On the heels of a few massive announcements already made today, UFC president Dana White just announced that Josh Koscheck (15-5 MMA, 13-5 UFC) and Matt Hughes (45-8 MMA, 18-6 UFC) have agreed to meet in the co-feature of this month's UFC 135 event.

Koscheck is a late replacement for Diego Sanchez, who was forced to withdraw from the matchup with a broken hand.

"Diego broke his hand, so Hughes will now fight Koscheck," UFC president Dana White today stated on his Twitter account.

UFC 135 takes place Sept. 24 at Denver's Pepsi Center. A title fight between light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson headlines the pay-per-view main card.

Koscheck hasn't fought since a December 2010 title loss to welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre. He earned his title shot after winning three straight fights and four of five. The victories came over the likes of Anthony Johnson and Paul Daley. However, "The Ultimate Fighter 1" cast member and former NCAA Division I national wrestling champion then suffered a one-sided decision loss to St-Pierre in his first-ever title shot. He's been recovering from a broken orbital bone since the UFC 124 defeat and received clearance to resume full training a month ago, though he's remained active even during the recovery.

Meanwhile, Hughes hasn't fought since November 2010, when he suffered a quick, 21-second knockout to B.J. Penn. Hughes, who long had been considered the best welterweight in MMA history, briefly contemplated retirement in 2008 following back-to-back losses to St-Pierre and Thiago Alves. However, while fighting only occasionally, the UFC Hall of Famer had put together a three-fight win streak with victories over Matt Serra, Renzo Gracie and Ricardo Almeida before the recent Penn loss.