UConn Womans win streak

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 16, 2005
nobody. Until the calibur of thier competition is on par this record means nothing. This is as if duke played d2 schools most games and threw in the occasional top 25 team every month or so.

When you have the best players in nation in a sport that doesnt have that much upper level talent to recruit to begin with, its not impressive.

May 9, 2002
nobody. Until the calibur of thier competition is on par this record means nothing. This is as if duke played d2 schools most games and threw in the occasional top 25 team every month or so.

When you have the best players in nation in a sport that doesnt have that much upper level talent to recruit to begin with, its not impressive.
While i want to agree, 88 wins in a row is impressive no matter how you chalk it up.

And every school has the same chances of recruiting in b-ball, which is very different than that of recruiting in football. They arent even in the same stratosphere in terms of talent. In fact, the chances of a team getting a walk-on to start in bball, is about 100X more likely than a walk-on even seeing the FIELD in football.

Mar 16, 2005
no trust me, it is a nice streak, but come on not all schools in womens basketball are on even level. you either go to uconn duke, or stanford, outside of that not much fighting for top recruits.

compared it to mens football for example, a top recruit can land ANYWHERE in the country.

womens basketball its like hey you top recruit, come to uconn if you want to win....ok

May 9, 2002
no trust me, it is a nice streak, but come on not all schools in womens basketball are on even level. you either go to uconn duke, or stanford, outside of that not much fighting for top recruits.

compared it to mens football for example, a top recruit can land ANYWHERE in the country.

womens basketball its like hey you top recruit, come to uconn if you want to win....ok
Tennessee and LT are the cream of the crop.