U know whats really fucked up about the local music scene..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 4, 2004
www.infamousent.com
When you step outside a venue, or you walking down 1st, or u step out the club,or you in the mall...and u see some cat selling his cd...if ur like me, then u usually try to support northwest cats getting their grind on...so u buy their cd-r for $5 or their professional looking joint for 10$...then u get to ya car...excited cuz u get to hear sum new shit...u rip the plastic off, or jus open up the blank case in sum cases...then u put that shit in ya deck...then u turn up the volume...then u listen.....then u realize that track after track is WACK!!!...then u end up throwing that shit out the window on the way back to west seattle then u realize why a lot of people DONT buy cd's from niggas selling them on the street....damn

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
I don't think I've ever bought an album from someone selling them on the street or in the mall. There's been several times when people have tried, but I like sticking with what I know is good rather than wasting my money on something I've never heard.

May 4, 2002
Diggz I agree, There is hella people out here claimin there shit is the best in the NW yadda yadda yadda, but there music is hella bammer. but im still gonna keep buyin those cd's when I see folks out sellin them....Gotta respect the hustle

Jan 24, 2004
www.twitter.com
I throw the cd's out the window when it's not bumpin.. just threw out a Lazer Beam cd and a Troy Luke cd a few days ago.. I can respect the hustle myself.. cuz I'm doin it too, but doesn't mean a muhfucka shouldn't think they need improvement.

I dunno about getting "excited" when I cop/get one. 9 times outta 10 you'll be disappointed.

Mar 11, 2004
this topic has been beat to death, BUT i say that if the quality is so so and the content is cool then ill buy it without a doubt, i dont need to listen to top quality stuff to realize the vision the artist had in mind. also i respect the hustle, i was out selling cd's on the streets and it is not an easy task for many reasons. so once and awhile ill pick up something just because i know i was probably that dudes only sale for the day and possibly the whole week and it might have givin him the confidence to go out the next day.

here is a tip, if you are selling records on the streets HAVE A DISKMAN!!!! if you let people hear the music they will be more inclined to buy it.

but do you want to know what is REALLY fucked up about the northwest music scene? while you might be throwing someone elses cd out the window you can pretty much garuntee that someone is throwing yours out the window.

suport your local artist even if you are an artist.

Jan 24, 2004
www.twitter.com
I guarantee there's someone throwing my cd out the window as we speak.. but it's out there.. and there's 10 more people that are still listening to it..

the cd player approach works occasionally.. what I notice works is if you're not equipped with one.. spit for the person or crowd.. whichever is there.. alotta muhfuckas buy the shit just off of how I approach them and what I say.. approach is everything.

Mar 11, 2004
@dak, i did and hit you back telling you that i couldnt send that big of a file to your inbox so hit me up. i got a new artist im fuckin with, we just started pre production on a new cd on sunday, plus i started writing some new shit.

Apr 25, 2002
Yeah NEVER throw something out the window, I don't care how wack it is. I've got probably 50 cds out of my 600 NW ones that I know'll never ever grace my CD Player again, but why throw it away, it's taking up about 16 square inches in your booklet, hold onto it for collecting sake only.

May 4, 2002
BaneTheTerrible said:
@dak, i did and hit you back telling you that i couldnt send that big of a file to your inbox so hit me up. i got a new artist im fuckin with, we just started pre production on a new cd on sunday, plus i started writing some new shit.

cool beans....I might be gettin a new whip soon, so as soon as I do im gonna come through....mmmkaaaay

Jul 31, 2002
BaneTheTerrible said:
but do you want to know what is REALLY fucked up about the northwest music scene? while you might be throwing someone elses cd out the window you can pretty much garuntee that someone is throwing yours out the window.

suport your local artist even if you are an artist.
real talk

Apr 14, 2003
how many shows happen in your town? there should be a lot, and thats where cats need to be going to get recognition, but if they aint doin shows then it shows they probably arent too dedicated and TRYING to be heard

Jul 31, 2002
SYKO said:
laughin @ cool beans...i thought 7th grade white girls made that up in like 93??
the only person i know who uses that phrase on the regular is a 24 yr old black man from georgia. so back off with the white chick comments :cool: