Twisted Metal: Harbor City

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
Twisted Metal

Linked In seems to be the way to out new games these days, first up was Splinter Cell Convicition being revealed for PS3 (not yet confirmed but it will probably happen) and now Senior Cinematic Producer at SCEA, Jeffery Vargas has revealed that he has been working on Twisted Metal Harbor City for PS3.

A look at his profile reveals the following:

According to VG247.com, the title was originally listed for PS2 although it seems that with the advent of PS3, the game has taken the step up to the next generation.

There is of course no further information at the moment regarding Twisted Metal Harbor City, but with E3 just a few months away, we can perhaps expect a reveal at the trade show.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/04/12/twisted-metal-harbor-city-outed/

May 19, 2005
twisted metal 2 was one of the best games ever.
im surprised no one else has given this genre a stab with the whole online community thing blowing up
iv played countless hours on twisted metal

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
off that link

* Twisted Metal: Harbor City was going to be the first Twisted Metal game to feature a seamless world where there would be no loading screens and every level would be connected.
* Twisted Metal: Harbor City was also going to feature side missions, where you could run around as Sweet Tooth and complete various missions. These missions would correspond to the story of the character. Sweet Tooth's missions would most likely including killing people, considering he is a demonic serial killer. This mode would include weapons (guns, knives, sledge hammers, chainsaws, etc...) vehicles, and a story (similar to Twisted Metal Black's). Kind of like a GTA in a Twisted Metal world staring Sweet Tooth and the Preacher. However these concepts where never released in a full completed game or product. But these features are rumored to be included in the PS3 port of Twisted Metal. Still, very little is known about the game. Further details and an offical title for the game is yet to be announced later this year.
* The game is currently in development and is said to be based around the unreleased Twisted Metal: Harbor City. David Jaffe has stated that the multiplayer will be a huge factor in this game. Only time will tell when more details will be announced on this upcoming title. Until then, I will be hunting down any information i can on this upcoming title, which is stated to be released 2010.

R

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2005
twisted metal 2 was sick

running over french people and blowing up the eiffel tower

i used to use that teleport pad in the art gallery to get up to the second floor, then camp right behind the teleporter up there and anyone else who teleported up there i used to shoot them in the ass with a rocket before they knew what hit em lol

May 9, 2002
multiplayer is going to be tight.

I wonder if it's just going to be sweet tooth that you can run around with. That would be pretty cool if you can do that with every character but then that would change the game completely.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
E3 2010: New Twisted Metal Reveal Unlikely

April 28, 2010 - Twisted Metal creator David Jaffe has said he won't be attending this year's E3 in Los Angeles and that fans shouldn't expect Sony to reveal his new project at the show.

Over on Twitter, Jaffe address rumors Sony would be showing Twisted Metal: Harbor City, the planned sequel to Twisted Metal: Black that was never released. "Well I assure you 100% that is not accurate," Jaffe said. "If my game would be at E3, I would be there. Also, we are not making that game."

As for when his new title will be released, Jaffe said that's up to Sony. "Release date is 100% Sony's call. They pay for the game, they own the game," he added.

It's unclear what Eat Sleep Play, Jaffe's Utah-based game development studio, is currently working on. Strong rumors suggest it's a new Twisted Metal game for PlayStation 3.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1086581p1.html

Dec 4, 2004
man I been waiting forever for some new Twisted Metal, everything TM is the shit....I spent so many hours playing part 1 and 2 on PlayStation, had Black on PS2 and Head on for PSP