Twisted Black Signs with TVT

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 13, 2002
For Immediate Release

TWISTED BLACK SIGNS WITH TVT RECORDS

* Texas Rapper To Release New Album 2007*

New York, NY * TVT Records announces the signing of one of Dallas hottest
properties, the gangsta rapper Twisted Black. Already an industry veteran as
part of the duo One Gud Cide, Twisted Black will take his hard-hitting
rhymes to the world with his upcoming TVT Records release.

In 1991, as One Gud Cide¹s popularity in Fort Worth, TX was surging, Black
was shot in the face and forced to take time off. In 1995, with a fully
recovered Black, the group released their debut, Look What The Streets Made,
which sold an astounding 10,000 copies in only thirty days. Impressed, dirty
south music mogul Tony Draper signed the duo to his Universal-distributed
Suave House Records and success seemed on its way. But just two weeks into
the release of their album Contradictions, Black was incarcerated for three
years.

While Black was in jail, he honed his rhyme skills, writing song after song
about his experiences. But when he got out, he discovered his partner in One
Gud Cide had lost the passion. So Black decided to go it alone, immediately
releasing the acclaimed Late Bloomer. That effort caught the ear of TVT
Records.

"This is my realest record yet and TVT is the realest label out there, so we
had to come together for new album,² says Twisted Black. ³They¹re known for
their power with the dirty south. We¹re about to show the world that there¹s
more to Texas than Houston.²

³We see the potential for a major new force out of Texas with Twisted
Black,² says TVT Records President, Steve Gottlieb. ³Twisted Black¹s raps
are not just empty rhymes about girls and guns. His music has real depth to
it that comes only from a life truly lived on the streets. He¹s got a great
story and great music.²

That story will come to life with his untitled TVT debut due in 2007.

Jan 6, 2003
Yeah, one gud cide is pure heat. Haven't given his solo albums a listen, but I have been considering it for a long time. Been listening to snippets and the beats sound weak compared to the ones from One Gud Cide. Am I wrong? how are the beats? Very modern club oriented or soulful and bluesy beats like the old One Gud Cide?

Oct 10, 2002
i never heard the old One Gud Cide, but these new beats are good quality, still raw but have that mainstream effect. that's what set him apart from K-Rino is the beats, If K-Rino had some beats like this, whew over.

Aug 13, 2002
Flowjob said:
Yeah, one gud cide is pure heat. Haven't given his solo albums a listen, but I have been considering it for a long time. Been listening to snippets and the beats sound weak compared to the ones from One Gud Cide. Am I wrong? how are the beats? Very modern club oriented or soulful and bluesy beats like the old One Gud Cide?

the beats are FAR from weak homie, Black's production is TOP OF THE LINE..matter of fact, Ernie G, the same guy who did all the OGC production, does alot of the beats on Late Bloomer & Life Of Tommy Burns..

Dec 26, 2005
AWWWREDY OL BOI GON WRECK!!! Been jamm'n black since he did that song wit UGK a long time ago. I aint seen too many muthafucka really say shit bout him on here but when he blow's up WATCH all thease folks gona come up & say how they been jam'n him fo along time. DFW MAKE'N MOVES!

Aug 13, 2002
BinGone said:
AWWWREDY OL BOI GON WRECK!!! Been jamm'n black since he did that song wit UGK a long time ago. I aint seen too many muthafucka really say shit bout him on here but when he blow's up WATCH all thease folks gona come up & say how they been jam'n him fo along time. DFW MAKE'N MOVES!

well then imma state for the record, I been jammin Black since 96!! He defintly one of the coldest ever..I also work for Scarred 4 Life...:siccness:

Aug 13, 2002
Rapper Tommy Delando Burns aka Twisted Black was arrested and charged with conspiracy to distribute a controlled substance last week, shortly before his new deal with TVT Records was announced.

The 34-year-old Fort Worth based rapper was arrested by officers with the Drug Enforcement Administration on a warrant issued in Midland, Texas.

Twisted Black has had a long arduous career in Hip-Hop. In 1991 he was a member of a popular Forth Worth group titled One Gud Cide, but the rapper was shot in the face.

By 1995, the rapper had recovered and the group released their full-length debut, Look What The Streets Made, which according sold over 10,000 copies. The group was signed by Tony Draper's Suave House Records, but Twisted Black ended up doing a three year stint in prison, interrupting the release of their follow-up, Contradictions.

Due to the turmoil, One Gud Cide split up and Twisted Black released an album titled Late Bloomer, which led to the TVT Records deal.

"Twisted Black's raps are not just empty rhymes about girls and guns," said TVT Records President, Steve Gottlieb. "His music has real depth to it that comes only from a life truly lived on the streets. He's got a great story and great music."

Twisted Black was working on his untitled TVT debut, which is slated to hit stores in 2007. That story will come to life with his untitled TVT debut due in 2007.

The rapper is due in federal court today (July 20) to answer the charges.