TWISTA : CATERGORY F5

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 8, 2002
A couple songs sound like what a Twista song should sound like. The rest of em sound exactly like every other current rapper's songs.

Jun 4, 2004
CD is alright... but the Title is misleading.. so is the Intro Track..

"Category F5 describes total damage"...

Album is to laid back, with a title like Category F5 and an intro talking about destruction, etc.. you expect Twista to bring heat like Heart Beat, Adrenaline Rush, etc... not tracks like Gotta get Me One

Feb 14, 2004
you can't really expect anything else other than the shit that you've gotten. Twista blew up. he's from one of the biggest cities in the US. alot of attention requires alot of main stream shit. he's blew up and is just trying to please everyone's ears across the nation. i can understand that. he isn't going to go back to the Audrenaline Rush days, when he thinks he can move on to bigger things by doing what all of US likes. so i think he forgets about his old underground shit and is trying to focus on what will make him more money. i'm pretty buzzed right now. so i may not know what the hell i'm talking about, but this is what i'm thinking right now LOL

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Adrenaline rush is a classic, its gonna be hard for any artist to make a cd greater than a classic, because your standards are so high for that artist, anything that doesnt emulate the shit you hear in the classic cd, isnt gonna be as good, and is gonna disappoint, Twista is a dope artist, and nowadays the features are what carries him, even though we all know he is capable of making great music, I wonder, has there been any cd that came out, and was considered classic, been ousted by another project by the same arists later on in their career? feeeeeeel meeee?

Jun 9, 2007
I wonder, has there been any cd that came out, and was considered classic, been ousted by another project by the same arists later on in their career? feeeeeeel meeee?
The Roots "Do You Want More" vs. "Illadelph Halflife" which came out 2-3 years later and I thought was on a whole other level of classic status...

Apr 8, 2004
Like most of yall, Kamikaze was my last Twista album.
Except I bought that SpeedKnot's Mobstability 2. That cd was decent except the 1st half all the way to track 8 was mainstream party and bullshit cuts. Track 9 all the way to 20 rode out decent. That old Chi-Town shit.
I was thinkin of buyin this Category 5 shit but i think Imma pass cause of this thread.
I remember 1997 when Adrenaline Rush came out. The streets was on & poppin, everybody and they mama was bumpin that cd. Now niggas ain't bumpin twista no more round this mufucka. They all into that South shit.

HIM

Sicc OG
Sep 27, 2002
This album has grown on me and I like majority of the songs...its weird because at first I didnt like Billionaire when it was released a while ago, but after hearing it a couple of times on the album I actually feel the song much more now...I'm still soaking the album up, but so far I rate it a 7/10, but that could change for me..

Aug 2, 2003
8/10 album. The good songs are good, the bad songs are bad. My favs are

Fire
Misunderstood
Wetter (still a dope song)
Jump Off
Yo Body (DoD verses were weak tho)
Yellow Light (twistas verses)
Gotta get me one
On Top (chorus/beat are tight twista actually makes song a bit worse he shoulda slowed it down)
Hustla

Those are 9 solid tracks. Not AR worthy but definately his best work since. Beats are a lot better than his last couple albums TRAXTER was all over this album wasnt he?
Also the song with kanye called Alright would have been a great addition. Love tech9 but that song was weak.

Mar 20, 2008
The Roots "Do You Want More" vs. "Illadelph Halflife" which came out 2-3 years later and I thought was on a whole other level of classic status...
Co-Sign this because that illadelp halflife was beyond classic it was hittin from start to finish but this a great example because the roots fell off hard just because they received that big of a buzz so they did what mostly every rapper did once they saw some paper switch it up but in twista's case he could still put that real shit but honestly there's never gonna be another adrenaline rush ever may come close but he aint spittin the same but this album was tight better than the last two but AR2007 was not too bad I liked that I Ain't That Nigga track and that one with T-Pain but the day after sucked I only really liked that I Had To Call with Snoop & Fiend but even like LL Cool J he can't do it like he use to and he's been floppin hard since Phenomenom so what does that tell you plus belo should be in prison he was supose to have 10 years

Dec 8, 2005
www.youtube.com
TWISTA ALBULM PRETTY DOPE.... HE HAD A FEW BANGERS THAT DID NOT MAKE THE FINAL CUT LIKE THE 1 WITH GAME CALLED NO LOV, I CAN MAKE YOU SAY, SHE GOT IT WITH BOBBY VALENTINO IS TITE AND READ YOUR MIND.... 7.5 OUT OF TEN... SHOULD PLEASE HIS DIE HARD FANS