TRUTH HURTS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 10, 2002
Damn...I was expecting somethin real tight out of her and her camp. I guess I'll have to hear a few more opinions or hear it for myself. Is a lot of it upbeat and Dre/Quik produced??

May 1, 2002
www.wckillaz.com
1. I think she's ugly too.
2. The beats are ALL hard
3. Voice wise, I don't think she's anything special. She's like a thug woman. Who finds that attractive? I don't. She cusses, and talks about how bad she is, I don't wanna hear that. I'd rather listen to Whitney Houston if I'm gonna listen to R&B. That's just me, though, yall might like it.
4. A FEW songs are real dope. The track "Hollywood" with Dre is great... it's real original. Hi-Tek produced it, and it's about people acting like superstars, when they ain't nothin'... Dre's got a line where the song stops and he says "Cut, Get the Lights, Print, That's A Wrap" or something like that then the beat drops back in. It's pretty original. Real laid back, and I haven't heard dre flow like that ever, it sounds like a Quincy Jones track, real old school, with dre almost talking in his rap. The track "The Truth" with R.Kelly is pretty good, too. Those are about the only two tracks I really liked, the rest were alright.

May 1, 2002
www.wckillaz.com
I placed it, Dre sounds like Mos Def, or something. It sounds like a Mos Def track (Hollywood)... you can hear cars beeping in the background and stuff, you think you're in Hollywood at night or somethin.

Jun 18, 2002
When you have Dj Quik & Dre doin' the beats you would expect some over heated songs, but i was dissapointed. The album was kinda lame.
I like the Jimmy track, but the snare drum on that one is way too high. Dre was probably high on some Jamaican ganja when he programmed that snare drum.
It's an ok CD, but nothing special.

Gabe505

B!TCH PLEA$E
Apr 24, 2002
siccness.net
I think the beats on the album would make good rap tracks. Thet didn't fit in with her vocals... she ain't the bestlooking chick either, but I likes them Dick Sucking Lips...

Apr 25, 2002
This cd is good! Why are yall always so critical when it ain't nothing to critic? DRE suprised me with the beats but I forgot that he did MI'CHELLE's album back in the day. Plus DRE is the man behind the boards and ain't no questioning his abilities.

Apr 25, 2002
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you listen to most R & B now, they all imaged up and making everyone sound like everyone else. TRUTH HURTS w/ DRE beats = different sound + tight album. Holla...................

May 10, 2002
I haven't heard the album but it seems like they gotta be a tight combo...

On another note, I think Truth Hurts is pretty bangin other than when she sings really high notes (Dre said when she does her face scrunches up). She does have one hell of a body.

Jul 19, 2002
I don't wanna bust a bubble here, but Dre only produced 3 tracks, and not most of the lp.
The best track is I'm not really lookin w/ Quik, Hollywood is decent too, though it is a "more friendly" rip off of Tha Realest's track Fuck Hollywood, and it feels kinda weird to hear Dre critizise fakeness.
To be honest my expectations were high, but I was disappointed. The lp is growin old too quick, and after a few listens her voice is so fuckin annoyin I can only skip to the Quik track, after that to Hollywood, then change the cd.

May 5, 2002
I only paid $8.99 for it at best buy when it came out. Personally I usually never feel R&B but this CD i like. I think the beats are stand out. She is a lil thug but its all good. She's real. It was worth my money!