True Niner Fans Show Some Love and tell me what u think

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 6, 2006
Who else but me thinks that the niners made the dumbest moves this season
losing a lot of their good defensive players like peterson, plummer, and carter. Not to mention their only offensive weapon, Brandon Lloyd, i mean can the niner's gm be any worse, seriously what do u guys think of the situation that the niners put themselves in. laters
RED AND GOLD FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
theyre only dealing with repercussions that fucked them over a few years ago...many teams go through it, they make ill-advised signings and end up spiraling downward until theyre terrible and have to rebuild. they had to dump those players.

Jan 6, 2006
i know what u mean but they go in debt for players that dont even have anymore i think that they are not really doing to good with offseason transactions

Apr 25, 2002
Are you kidding??

Julian Peterson was a loss, but he didn't play any better than any other LB last year. He costs too much money and didn't deliver the goods. What makes you think they would re-sign him for all the money he wanted?

Ahmed Plummer is a decent CB, but he's constantly nursing injuries and in the end he's a waste of roster space and cap room.

Andre Carter never lived up to his potential at DE and played mediocre at LB. He was going to want more money than the Niners were willing tog ive him.

Brandon Lloyd was their only playmaker last season.. This season they have Antonio Bryant, who is a far better receiver than Brandon Lloyd could ever be. Don't get me wrong, I wanted Lloyd to stay, but he lacks the drive it takes to succeed in the NFL. He makes dazzling catches, but he never showed the heart he needs to show to become a good receiver. Dropping him and signing Antonio Bryant was a huge move.

As for "the situation the niners put themselves in," they are in a better situation than the previous 2 years.

-Manny Lawson will easily take over Andre Carter's spot. Hopefully he will be good enough to fill the void Peterson left, but it won't be hard to do that with Peterson's performance last year.

-Signing Vernon Davis was a very smart move. It will calm Alex Smith down and give him another target. He's a TE that's faster than a lot of WRs and he will create huge problems for LBs trying to cover him. Plus he's a beast and will be very hard to bring down once he gets the ball in his hands. Also, they still have Eric Johnson so the there will be a lot of big 2 TE sets next year, which will help the running game as well as the passing game and it should protect Alex Smith a lot more..

Speaking of protecting Alex Smith and helping the running game.. The addition of Larry Allen was huge for the O-Line. I know he's in his final years, but the man is still a beast and he still pushes people off the line. He still may be the strongest man in the league.. With Jonas Jennings and Jeremy Newberry healthy, the offensive line is looking good for the first time in years.

So no, I do not think the Niners made the dumbest moves this offseason. Did you even pay attention to the talent they picked up? Or did you just hear about who they lost?

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
Brandon Lloyd wasn't even that great anyways....he was their best offensive weapon, which means THEY NEED MORE OFFENSE, not to keep him...and what is he now? a thrid string wr on the redskins? they got rid of aging injury prone players so they are still looking to the future....the 9ers are in a "rebuilding stage" which means they'll have another losing season then start to turn things around....look forward to it

Jan 6, 2006
fuck u made some good points just now,
but the niners mostly took care of offense i mean we still need a good defense to win games,
if got more news fill me up.
seriously

Jan 6, 2006
yeah man i can wait till they rebuild either
i also think that the niners were not good last year because they had unexperienced qbs like rattay and smith i mean they both need more training to drive the niners to a good season

Apr 25, 2002
Yeah they need to acquire some pass rushers, cuz B.Y. is near the end. They also need another CB to play opposite of Shawntae Spencer. A decent LB would help..

But they still have Mike Adams, Tony Parrish, Spencer, Ulbrich, Derek Smith, B.Y., Manny Lawson, Rumph (good for intimidation with those punishing hits).. Besides Peterson they didn't lose much, and like I said, the way Peterson played last season they didn't lose anything. Feel me?

Apr 25, 2002
Enro_712 said:
rattay and smith i mean they both need more training to drive the niners to a good season
Rattay is gone. So is Ken Dorsey. But the Niners picked up trent Dilfer, which will help Alex Smith in a huge way. Now he has someone to ask questions to and all that shit. I believe Alex Smith will be a lot better this year. But my true assesment of Smith will come next year..

Mar 1, 2006
www.sendearnings.com
FATAL NYGHTMARE said:
Are you kidding??

Julian Peterson was a loss, but he didn't play any better than any other LB last year. He costs too much money and didn't deliver the goods. What makes you think they would re-sign him for all the money he wanted?

Ahmed Plummer is a decent CB, but he's constantly nursing injuries and in the end he's a waste of roster space and cap room.

Andre Carter never lived up to his potential at DE and played mediocre at LB. He was going to want more money than the Niners were willing tog ive him.

Brandon Lloyd was their only playmaker last season.. This season they have Antonio Bryant, who is a far better receiver than Brandon Lloyd could ever be. Don't get me wrong, I wanted Lloyd to stay, but he lacks the drive it takes to succeed in the NFL. He makes dazzling catches, but he never showed the heart he needs to show to become a good receiver. Dropping him and signing Antonio Bryant was a huge move.

As for "the situation the niners put themselves in," they are in a better situation than the previous 2 years.

-Manny Lawson will easily take over Andre Carter's spot. Hopefully he will be good enough to fill the void Peterson left, but it won't be hard to do that with Peterson's performance last year.

-Signing Vernon Davis was a very smart move. It will calm Alex Smith down and give him another target. He's a TE that's faster than a lot of WRs and he will create huge problems for LBs trying to cover him. Plus he's a beast and will be very hard to bring down once he gets the ball in his hands. Also, they still have Eric Johnson so the there will be a lot of big 2 TE sets next year, which will help the running game as well as the passing game and it should protect Alex Smith a lot more..

Speaking of protecting Alex Smith and helping the running game.. The addition of Larry Allen was huge for the O-Line. I know he's in his final years, but the man is still a beast and he still pushes people off the line. He still may be the strongest man in the league.. With Jonas Jennings and Jeremy Newberry healthy, the offensive line is looking good for the first time in years.

So no, I do not think the Niners made the dumbest moves this offseason. Did you even pay attention to the talent they picked up? Or did you just hear about who they lost?
Damn right everything on point, cant wait for this fall gonna be a tight season!

Jan 6, 2006
For real though i really hope that the niners do better this year cuz im been waiting for a long time to see the niners go into the playoffs with a good chance of going to the sb

Nov 5, 2004
I think they did the right thing. They can't get any lower than they did the past 2 years. Shaking everything up like they did this offseason was the right thing to do.

Feb 7, 2006
a bryant > lloyd.. cmon JP BL and AC were all paid double there worth..winborn is trying to start and rattay is fightin for a 3rd spot..nolan is booting mooch and donahue players is buildin tru the draft just like new england instead of teams like dallas, raiders and the skins who buy sexy free agents

Jul 6, 2002
$o. $an Fran
Nah they let some savs go but Peterson got way too much money to go to Seattle we dont need that shit. Lloyd he was tight but he was a pussy too. Antonio Bryant got signed so him and Battle got wide receiver on lock. Andre Carter was tight but fuck him. Shit we got Larry Allen now to hook up our line. Vernon Davis is gonna be a real sav for the offense. Shit Manny Lawson hopefully will be tight for our D. If Alex Smith lives up to the hype our offense will be the shit. Hopefully our D can step it up though. Cant wait for the season to start fuck.

Dec 22, 2004
Dont forget I think a big addition is the chance for Alex Smith to have his own balls the NFL has a new rule were u dont have to have fresh out the box footballs...So hopefully those fumbles last year or in the past...

Heres is an article from 49ersnews.com about this.

Filed under: 49ers News

One of the more puzzling aspects of quarterback Alex Smith’s first season in the NFL was his inability to keep his grip on the football. He fumbled 11 times in his seven starts, but on several occasions the ball slipped out of his hand.

In his first two road starts, the ball squirted away from him six times, resulting in one incomplete pass, four fumbles and one botched handoff. Moreover, Smith said that some of his incomplete passes during a 9-for-22 passing performance against the Seahawks were off target because the ball slipped as he was throwing.

But thanks to a new NFL rule, Smith does not have to be at the mercy of the footballs that are handed to him when the game begins. Now, both the home and visiting teams are allowed to prepare 12 footballs to their liking to be used when their team is on offense.

“The problems I had in the past with the balls were always on the road,” Smith said. “It’ll be nice to travel with our own.”

[New rule could help Smith avoid ’slipsies’] - Scout.com

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
I agree with many points in this thread, I think Lloyd was a worthless piece of shit when the game was on the line, Carter was overrated, but was 1 of my faves on D, Peterson was another fave, but he wasnt the same coming offa the injury, Im Glad pussy ass plummer is gone, Losing Beasley was hard, but theres gonna be alot of 1 HB sets this year, so that should take some pain away, Alex Smith has a really good O line, it has the possibility to be the best in the league.... we have 2 of the best TEs in the league, and vd is a fucking beast! Antonio Bryant was a huge gain for the team, he definately will prove all doubters, Battle is decent and shows lots of talent when not hurt, the draft was 1 of the best for the team in a long time, I like Mike Rumph alot, im a huge fan of his, and i hope he can win a starting job alongside Spencer, they can be 2 great CBs if they show a little more improvement, The niners not getting Ty Law Or Woodson was also good, we have a great cast of young CBs in the waiting and dont need to halt their development, Walt Harris is a waste of a roster spot imo, BY looks like he has a few more good years ahead, he was a beast @ DE, and i think we have a few players from the draft that could fill his spot when he does retire :( , Lawson shows alot of promise as well, Gore is possibly the biggest bright spot on offense, he has alot of heart and determination, I think he should be the rb of the future...Nolan is making all the right moves

GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!