Troy Aikman making NFL return?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Your kidding me right? Nor really you've got to be kidding me. I think this guy has a permanant concussion. One more hit to the head and i think this guy could get brain damage, especially the way players are hitting today. He is still only 36, so who knows what might happen. How does everyone see this playing out if he does return? Another injury?

Wednesday, January 15

If Parcells wants Aikman, Jones willing to listen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESPN.com news services

The talk of a Troy Aikman comeback has officially begun.

Whether or not Aikman will ever be back taking snaps for the Dallas Cowboys remains to be seen, but the Dallas Morning News reports Aikman himself and owner Jerry Jones are not ruling it out.

Aikman said if new coach Bill Parcells wanted him to come back, "it would be worth considering."

Jones, attending Senior Bowl preparations this week in Mobile, Ala., was quoted in the newspaper as saying, "I haven't talked to Troy. He and I get to talk from time to time. And if that's something we can talk about, we will."

Not convincing enough? Well, Jones went on. He said he and Parcells haven't discussed the idea yet, but that they will.

"When we see some of these veteran quarterbacks like they are having success with in Oakland (Rich Gannon), then we know Troy, with his skill level, could have a lot of success in the NFL," Jones said.

"I just have to really review that and look at it from the standpoint of what I feel about him personally, not only as a player, but personally. He's someone who has been as integral a part of the Cowboys' success over the last 12 or 13 years as anyone living. So it deserves that kind of a thought from me."

The Cowboys cut Aikman after the 2000 season -- and a slew of concussions -- prompting Aikman to retire from the league.

"If Bill Parcells were to come to my home and tell me how much he wanted me to play and how much I could help him and the team win ... I think it would be worth considering," Aikman told the Morning News.

"Don't know then that I would do it, but how could you not at least hear him out?"

May 10, 2002
Aint no way hes coming back. With their o-line, he'd get sent to the hospital the first game.....And even though he is still only 37, Troys no spring chicken either.

Apr 25, 2002
if he comes back he is just lookin to be a vegatable...........the cowboys still have to play the redskins 2wice a year............Lavarr would be lookin foward to that game

May 19, 2002
www.cdbaby.com
Good shit bornsin. Got yo ass in trouble now boss!! How many rings do Gannon got????? Big Fat Zero!!!!! Fuck a regular season MVP, we talkin super wins plural player not just one, and we talkin MVP in a superbowl!!! Holla potna!! Dont stick yo foot in yo mouth cause u got schooled on this one homie!! GOT EM!!!

Apr 25, 2002
If you put Aikman in his prime on this Raider team, shit he would win MVP hands down, and take them just as far. Gannon has to acomplish a little more then just winning one playoff game before he can be considered to be on Aikmans level.