TQ-Paradise (J'Sin review)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 11, 2008
www.soundclick.com

Album Artist: TQ
Album Title: Paradise
Label: EMI

Overall Rating: :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness:
Overall Thoughts: It's good to see that TQ is bringing back his Westcoast thug R&B style. After his last album "Listen", I thought that he was done. This album impressed me though. I've been waiting for an album like this to come back out. I've always viewed TQ as the opposite of Bone Thugs. They are rappers who can vibe harmonically, and he is a singer who can vibe rap-style. I'm again and forever a TQ fan, as long as he doesn't release another album like "Listen". One more note, I think that this album lacked a duet with a female. On "They Never Saw Me Coming", my favorite song was "When I Get Out" (a female/male duet).

1) Paradise ft Krayzie Bone- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: Instantaneously after hearing this track you know that TQ is not playing around on this album. With a strong production from Static Major and beautiful vocals, TQ brings a masterpiece. Krayzie Bone's verse does not add to the song, but doesn't take away from it either.

2) Soulja- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: Deezle brings a blazing beat on this song. TQ's vocals bless the hard marching style beat. There is no question that TQ's talent if flourishing on this song.

3) Put It In My Lap- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: TQ's overdubs bring this song to the front. With his ability to ride the up-tempo speedy beat will make you nod your head through the entire track.

4) Sexy- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: Produced by TQ himself, the beat is not really that technical and overall kinda basic. However TQ's chorus and verses make this song worth listening to. It's a slower song, but still contains the classic TQ feel.

5) Whatchagondo- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: This song is a knocker. With a hard bass drum and off balance snares. I'm feeling this beat, and the chorus. The versus are Ok. This is an overall good song. Something to ride to.

6) Proud Mary-
:siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: THIS IS THE BEST SONG ON THE ALBUM! Deezle brings the best beat on the album with tight pianos and a nice bass line. The rapid snares ride through the song. Content, subject, and scheme is all complete. You'll play this song over and over, especially if you're burnin' one.

7) Ain't the Same- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: Production on this song is pretty strong. The hard bass line brings it out. TQ's content and delivery is on point. I don't know if it is playback friendly but it's a decent song.

8) Ebony Eyes- :siccness::siccness: I'm not a big fan of this song at all. The production reminded me of something that got left off an R. Kelly album. TQ's delivery is not all there for me. His vocals are on point but the versus' and chorus are lacking.

9) I Don't Know ft Jagged Edge- :siccness::siccness::siccness: I don't see the point of collaborating with Jagged Edge, I thought they were already played out. Maybe I'm wrong. The track is not impressive and versus are basic. The chorus is the best part but still doesn't have that edge.

10) Little Bit of Love- :siccness::siccness::siccness: Again produced by TQ himself. There is plenty of subject to this song. The vocals are there and the delivery is so-so. This track overall is not that impressive and I will often skip this song.

11) Paradise (Remix) ft B.G.- :siccness::siccness: I don't think this is a good way to end an album. Ok so it's a remix of the first song. But it's no-where near as good as the original. Deezle tries to save this song with the beat, but it doesn't mesh well with TQs vocals. Not to mention B.G.s verse is not that good.