Top Dawg Ent. Mega-thread (Kendrick Lamar, ScHoolboy Q, Ab-Soul, Jay-Rock etc)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 9, 2012
K. dot got his gold plaque say by end of next year or 2014 he will reach platinum

"Kendrick Lamar closes out the year with a gold plaque for his recently released ‘good kid, m.A.A.d. City’ album.

With the album of year lists ready to start debuting in the next few weeks, you can certainly expect to see Kendrick Lamar on everyone’s list, and probably topping most of them.

The Compton rapper earned critical acclaim with the release of his studio debut album ‘good kid, m.A.A.d. City,’ and fortunately for K Dot the commercial success followed the solid reviews.

The album released back in October, and ended up opening up to an impressive first week with 242,000 copies sold in just 7 days.

Now fast forward just a few short months and Kendrick Lamar can add his first gold plaque to the wall as ‘good kid, m.A.A.d. City’ officially passed the 500,000 albums sold mark.

Kendrick shows no signs of slowing down the promotion either, as he announced earlier today that he is looking to team up with Janet Jackson to appear in his Drake assisted single ‘Poetic Justice."

http://theversed.com/2012/12/18/ken...plaque-for-good-kid-m-a-a-d-city-album-sales/

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
That's great for Kendrick & TDE but this...

Kendrick shows no signs of slowing down the promotion either, as he announced earlier today that he is looking to team up with Janet Jackson to appear in his Drake assisted single ‘Poetic Justice."
is bullshit. They should have been dropped at least 2 more videos from the album already.

Sep 16, 2006
I don't get why you guys think they aren't promoting well. The album is already a huge success. Everybody here knows that poetic justice is going to be just as big a single if not bigger. They are obviously squeezing every ounce they can out of swimming pools and you can't blame them, it was a huge single.

Sep 12, 2005
yeah I agree. They're letting it work as naturally as possible. I was/am surprise Swimming Pools has gotten as big/lasted as long as it has. Poetic Justice is a no brainer and that is already getting a lot of radio play, there's no rush to drop a video for a song that's such an undeniable hit. They can save the video to really push the album...probably closer to platinum status after they make some giant mega-star remix of Poetic Justice.

As a fan I just want to see videos to good kid and maad city. I'm curious to see what else they push as singles after Poetic Justice or if by the time that records dies down they'll just chill on his promo until his 2nd album drops.

Sep 12, 2005
All of them perform well in smaller (indoor) venues. Q is the only one I've seen really control a large outdoor crowd. I'm excited for Paid Dues this year...I hope that they do something special (or at least different than RTB) for that show. Anyone else going?