Top Authority: "Somethin' to Blaze To" compared to "Rated G"?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Do it

Sicc OG
Mar 11, 2005
I rarely post in this forum, but I would appreciate some feedback on this issue. I`ve been bumpin "Somethin` to Blaze To" constantly for a week now, but I haven`t bought "Rated G" yet. How do you compare those two albums?

Thanks in advance!

Sep 16, 2002
www.2coldgraphiks.com
Rated G is cold. I think Rated G and Somethin To Blaze To are pretty equal. Here's a review of the album I found.

Dem niggas from Flint are back with their second release and this one is tighter then the first one which was crunk as fuck. This shit starts off with their trademark: straight gangsta shit...."National Anthem" is the first cut and its tight as fuck, the beat is banging and Shotgun and Flex drops really nice vocals. "Down For My Scratch" will blow the trunk off your car...this song is pounding and the vocals by are off the hook, these niggas drop some classic ass shit here---if you dont like this shit something is wrong with your ass----go to the doctor. "Ghetto Soldier" is the next track and its starts off kinda slow but then Flex drops some really tight shit to start it off---this song is alright nothing that special.

The next track features the Niggaclan---I really dont know who the Niggaclan is made up of----this song is pretty tight, I really dont bump it all that much though. "It Be Real" is the next track and its crunk as fuck, the beat is on point and they have a nice lil break in the middle of the song where they talk and then they start back up kickin straight gangsta shit---very crunk song. "Coppers" is a really tight song, its basically talking bout shooting up some cops and shit, both Flex and Shotgun drop great lyrics and DaLo does a really good job on the beat on this track. Track 8 is a slower sounding cut, "Livin 2 Die" and its pretty tight for this type of song, Top Authority really cant sound soft even if they try--its just the way their voices are.

"So High" is next and its bout getting blown and shit, its crunk as fuck, they drops some really nice vocals and the beat is really nice. I really have never heard a whack beat from DaLo----he always comes correct. Up next is my favorite track "Murda" basically cuz it bumps hard as fuck, I used to roll around all the time pounding to this shit, the beat is crunk as fuck and the lyrics are straight gangsta-----very tight song. "Channel 12 Newz" is up next and guess what----its tight as fuck also, these niggas keep coming wit that bomb shit. This song is talking bout puttin people up on the news by cappin their asses. The last track is full of freestyles----I really never bumped it that much, the beat is really nice but I aint really feelin this freestyles that much.

Overall this album is a classic, you gotta pick this shit up for your collection. DaLo drops bumpin beats the whole album and Flex & Shotgun lay down amazing lyrics and vocals throughout the entire album.

Feb 8, 2003
Both are old as fuck good music though too bad they fell off.

I like "Rated G" a lil better. "LIIIIIIIIVING IIIIN THE GHETTO, IM A GHETTO SOILDER, ROLLING WITH MY HEAT"

beeerrrrnderrrrdernnndernen(making that keyboard noise)

Lu_

Sicc OG
Jun 14, 2005
rated g was all right. if they had more songs like 'down for my scratch' then that shit would have been tight. for new year i could say the same thing. on that album i really liked 'haters' but not much else. their first one really stands out the most