Top 5 mac dre cd's

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
gotta put the news ones towards the top just cause i have been bumpin them so much lately..but i know they arent the best so bear with me....

mac dres the name
genie of the lamp
stupid doo doo dumb
rapper gone bad
dreganomics

Feb 19, 2003
1. STUPID DOO DOO DUMB--MD's best overall in terms of lyrics and music.
2. YOUNG BLACK BROTHA--production's a little dated; otherwise, a must.
3. RAPPER GONE BAD--MD settles into enjoying life. Diverse...
4. GENIE OF THE LAMP--the best "after hours"-type MD CD. Great features, too.
5. DREGANOMICS--more party-oriented than #4, but MD shows finesse here.

Now, just for the hell of it, I'll make a 6 through 10 for the other MD solos I've heard (but get #'s 1 through #5 FIRST)...

6. HEART OF GANGSTA, MIND OF PLAYA...'03 version--guess MD knew the OG was a rip-off! Sound quality's better here, and bonus tracks flesh it out to a more appropos length. Ignore the 2000 version and get this re-issue instead.

7. AL BOO BOO--a little too short; otherwise I'd rank it w/ #4 and #5.
8. IT'S NOT WHAT YOU SAY...--druggy but fun; "Chevs & Fords" is a classic.
9. THIZZELLE WASHINGTON--songs are cool, but sound quality fucked some of this up.
10. MAC DRE's THE NAME--these songs seem outtake-ish to me for some reason.

PEACE!

Oct 14, 2002
www.myspace.com
1.Stupid Doo Doo Dum
2.Al Boo Boo
3.Yong Black Brotha
4.Rapper Gone Bad
5.Mac Dre Is The NAme
6.Its Not What You Say, Its How You Say It
7.Thizzelle Washinton
8.Genie Of The Lamp
9.Heart Of A Gangster
10.Ronald Dregan

Feb 19, 2003
G-HEFF said:
sav man what about whats really going on the first young black brotha and ep and back in da hood your comments on those
Sorry 'bout that! I assumed Militpas Danksta was referring to full-length ALBUMS, not EPs. But since you asked, WHAT'S REALLY GOIN' ON is of a piece w/ YOUNG BLACK BROTHA (sort of like Cube's KILL AT WILL was a companion piece for AMERIKKKA'S MOST back in the day). It's worth copping once you have YOUNG BLACK BROTHA--IF you can find it (for some reason, a lot of stores I go to claim it not to be in their computer, while others do, so God help you in getting it! LOL)!

As for BACK IN DA HOOD, it's an interesting concept--MD rapping over the telephone, much like X-Raided would do a little later. I haven't heard it in awhile, 'cause my copy was a tape that eventually got eaten by my old Chevy Caprice's player (LOL)! From what I remember, I was never bored w/ it, but you're probably better off getting MD's regular CDs. Nice, but not essential.

And finally, the first ROMPILATION's a must, the second ROMPILATION's good, but not great, MAC DAMMIT MAN & FRIENDS is garbage (except for four or five songs), the Cutthoat Committee's TURF BUCANEERS is dope (if you like the vibe on DREGANOMICS, you should dig this, too), and I have yet to hear the third ROMPILATION, so I can't comment on that (yet). YEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

PEACE!