top 5 classic sac albums?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 3, 2002
Setrippin Bloccstyle
Season of the Siccness
Gas Chamber
Psycho active
Nigga Deep

^^^^^U really can't go wrong with those, str8 classics from top to bottom. These albums reflect the good old days, Sacramento's GOLDEN AGE if you will before money and politics fucked everything up.

As for my personal favorites, or albums that I think raise the bar for sac rap, i'd say

Skee 64-oz.- The Struggle the Hustle the Hate
Young Dre-D-Troubled Mind
Brotha Lynch Hung-Loaded
Gangsta Dre- Inner City Poet
G-macc-Graveyard shift

These albums go beyond "music 2 drive by" lyrics and reflect real artistry.

Feb 18, 2006
Setrippin Bloccstyle
Season of the Siccness
Gas Chamber
Psycho active
Nigga Deep

^^^^^U really can't go wrong with those, str8 classics from top to bottom. These albums reflect the good old days, Sacramento's GOLDEN AGE if you will before money and politics fucked everything up.

As for my personal favorites, or albums that I think raise the bar for sac rap, i'd say

Skee 64-oz.- The Struggle the Hustle the Hate
Young Dre-D-Troubled Mind
Brotha Lynch Hung-Loaded
Gangsta Dre- Inner City Poet
G-macc-Graveyard shift

These albums go beyond "music 2 drive by" lyrics and reflect real artistry.

thanks, any more?

Feb 21, 2006
nobody liked Candyland by Mic-C? Young Ridah-Look Who's Flossen. Pretty much any old Highside release is worth listening to. Lil Pigg Penn- The Hogg in Me

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
Aug 7, 2006
brotha lynch - Season of the Sicc
mr doctor - setrippin bloccstyle
c-bo - till my casket drops
Cuff - i forgot the album name actually

That is all i can think of, or that sounded like a "sac classic" to me

Aug 11, 2006
i really sat and looked at my sac local collection.. and i found 2 albums that i can't believe i fergot.
BeGee - Ya Gotta BeGee
Nonfiktion - Creative Differences

Aug 11, 2006
hihlosis.. you really think stand and deliver is a better album than gangbangin poetry (the sequel part 2)?
"23 butt naked humans at the bus station, any kind of hustle in 1995, i got a mask and a strap, i should never have to strive" - how can u not love that?

Jul 29, 2008
its been a min since i bought some sac cds. been trying to get back in it. What top 5 should i pick up?? i already got lynch, x raided, takin no shorts
he already gots lynch and X Raided.

Honestly, again, Garden Block's group is well known... so they can obviously be top 5. Cbo, Lynch, X Raided, Mr Doc...

Not being from Sac, These were all I knew of Sac muzik. Realizing later that there are some GREAT UNDERGROUND shit from Sac, it's krazy how much is from there.

It seems like when these threads come up, all these great artists are brought back into the picture.

Good thread.

Dec 17, 2004
U know wats crazy is that everyone doesnt like GANGSTA DRE but most have him as one of the top sac rappers how crazy is that

Feb 23, 2003
Lynch - Season of da Siccness

Gangsta Dre - Gang Bangin Poetry (really anything from him is tight though...does anyone know if he`s bout to drop something new?

Dre D - Troubled Mind

X-Raided - Unforgiven

C-Bo - Tales from the Crypt