top 5 bands/artists this very second

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
Warship is so underated its pathetic. Anyway today its Chariot. Tower of Rome. Manhattan Skyline. and well thats all ive listened to so far. More metalcore and grindtech today for sure though. And Then, Came Then is such a good song.

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
so

tapes n tapes
between the buried me
wavves (mostly so bored and new hope kids haha)
los romeros (that cd i posted)
aster

oh that tapes n tapes part was a coincidence now seeing how you have tape in your list, i wasnt tryna do anything haha

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Seeing you said Tapes N Tapes you should check out Tape.

Just because they are named after tape. They really don't have anything in common besides that.

I do like Tapes N Tapes though what I've heard from them. I think I've only heard their first album though.

Jan 14, 2006
i think i posted up their album or something from tapesntapes a good while ago.
i wish i actually had sound on my computer to check out the links. my computer is still messed up so i have to use safe mode.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
What are your thoughts on the new Silversun Pickups Jake?
i think overall the album is good. certain tracks i could do without,but the standout tracks make up for it. like i dont care for no secrets this year but the royal we more than makes up for it. things like that. for every average track there is an awesome track to counter it. solid album. i was really into it when i first heard it,but the honeymoon it starting to wear off. not as great as i first thought. i have a tendency to do that when one of my fav bands releases a new album. best thing since sliced bread the first week than i never listen to it again

not the case for mastadon though. that album is just amazing

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Hmmm I like it more then the new Mastodon but then again you really can't compare to the two.

"i have a tendency to do that when one of my fav bands releases a new album. best thing since sliced bread the first week than i never listen to it again."

This makes no sense to me whatsoever. How is a band one of your favorite bands if you listen to their album for a week and then don't listen to it again?

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
even my favorite bands can make albums i am not into.

i didnt like phantom on the horizon but that doesnt mean fall of troy still isnt one of my favorite bands or i like them any less because of it

if i dont like an album,i dont like an album. i'm not going to listen to an album i dont like just because its from my "favorite band", thats just stupid. just because i like a band doesnt i mean i have to be in love with their entire discography

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
even my favorite bands can make albums i am not into.

i didnt like phantom on the horizon but that doesnt mean fall of troy still isnt one of my favorite bands or i like them any less because of it

if i dont like an album,i dont like an album. i'm not going to listen to an album i dont like just because its from my "favorite band", thats just stupid. just because i like a band doesnt i mean i have to be in love with their entire discography
Okay.

But that's not what you made it sound like you ment with that part of the post, atleast to me it didn't. I took it as you really like a album a lot for a week and then you don't listen to it anymore.

I totally agree with not liking everything a band puts out and that they can still be one of your favorite bands. That happens to me all the time. I don't force myself to like anything although there are quite a few albums that do grow on me or that I like more at a different point because my life relates to it more.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
I think he meant that when he first gets an album by a band he likes a lot he thinks it's better at first because you're just happy to have it, and after it sinks in later you don't like it as much. Happens to me sometimes.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
That makes more sense.

Thanks for clearing that up RJ-Buzz.

I'd say for me it's the other way around though. Usually if an album by a band/artist I like doesn't stand up to or exceed how good their previous one was I won't listen to it again for awhile. Then I tend to go back and give it a few spins with a open mind before coming to my final conclusion about the album.

Feb 7, 2006
I'd just like to point out that this man has great taste in music. I'm a pretty big fan of four out of five of those bands. I could never really get into Monster Magnet but the other four bands are strongly backed by me.

You know who needs to fucking drop something new? Old Man Gloom. I mean seriously, it's been almost four fucking years already.

*edit*

You see this Kyle? Be envious lol. Just kidding.

http://www.siccness.net/vb/showthread.php?t=270822
hmmm, how did I know you weren't going to like monster magnet out of those 5 groups

Feb 7, 2006
I dont have time for music right now, my bitch cinema needs her time, what's some good music...no raging arpeggio summon thor and bring on ragnarok shit either, just straight tumbleweed desert rock, freak folk, psych rock, or electronic music (no dance punk shit though) experimental shit ya know, help me out nuttkase and you other bustas are free to jump in to.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Check out these artists/albums from my favorites of 09 thus far post.

Abe Vigoda - Reviver
Lotus Plaza - The Floodlight Collective
Emeralds - Solar Bridge
Emeralds - What Happened
Mark McGuire - Tidings II
Real Estate - Suburban Beverage
Real Estate - Atlantic City Expressway
Bobb Bruno - Dreamt On
Plankton Wat - Visions of Otherness
Super Minerals - Multitudes
Predator Vision/Sun Araw - Split
Wet Hair - Dream
Peaking Lights - Imaginary Falcons
Vibes - You God It
Antique Brothers - Season's Feast
Blank Dogs - Seconds
Blank Dogs - Under and Under
Woods - Songs of Shame
Magic Lantern/The Hop-Frog Kollectiv - Split
Lilypad - Sick: Volume 2
Lilypad - Signal Longings
Imaginary Softwoods - Eight
Treetops/Infinity Window - Split
Mist - Stole Colors
Mist - Certain Expansion
Infinity Window - Artificial Midnight
Oneohtrix Point Never - Young Beidnahga
Andrew Coltrane - Ghost Infant
Andrew Coltrane - Midnight Winds
Outer Space - Gemini Half
Sean McCann - Midnight Orchard
Sean McCann - The Truth Is Marching In
Sean McCann - Phylum Sigh
If you need any help finding those albums or other stuff by the bands/artists let me know.