Top 10 albums of 2013

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
More or less everything from Crown Nation is worth checking out.

Not from this year but Cheap Brown Liquor is probably my favorite Denmark Vessey song, this live performance is pretty cool too.

I like their more straight forward hip hop like that by them but I also like that both Denmark and Quelle Chris like to experiment with their sounds too. Makes for some interesting music.

I really enjoyed Quelle's Ghost at the Finish Line that dropped back in Oct a lot...

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2003
In no order

HIP HOP

Action Bronson - SAAB Stories
Serial Killers (b-real, xzibit, demrick) - Serial Killers Vol. 1
Czarface (inspectah deck, 7L, Esoteric)
Devin the Dude - One For The Road
Ghostface Killah - 12 Reasons To Die
Noreaga - Student Of The Game
Prodigy, Alchemist - Albert Einstein

RAP

C-Bo - I Am Gangsta Rap
Daz & WC - West Coast Gangsta Shit
Killa Tay - The One And Only
Kurupt - Money, Bitches, Power
MC Eiht, Kam, Goldie Loc - Warzone
Messy Marv - Wake'n Dey Cook Game Up
Rydah - Fisher
Suga Free - Blood Makes You Related, Loyalty Makes You Family

How has no1 mentioned

E-40 - The Block Brochure 4/5/6

What? Y'all don't like gettin 3 albums from a legend on the same day? WTF

Jan 18, 2006
^^^ Hardly any good tracks on those Block Brochures. Way to much filler

Anyways my favorite release of the year even though its a mixtape is Lloyd Banks Failures No Option. Its a fucken gem to me. Best production easily

This thread reeks of to much Freedom Town influence lol. To me actually this past year was so much of a mediocre year for rap releases. Lots of good music being made but not many all around good projects. Seems like i will never hear another classic.

Last edited:

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

In no order

HIP HOP

Action Bronson - SAAB Stories
Serial Killers (b-real, xzibit, demrick) - Serial Killers Vol. 1
Czarface (inspectah deck, 7L, Esoteric)
Devin the Dude - One For The Road
Ghostface Killah - 12 Reasons To Die
Noreaga - Student Of The Game
Prodigy, Alchemist - Albert Einstein

RAP

C-Bo - I Am Gangsta Rap
Daz & WC - West Coast Gangsta Shit
Killa Tay - The One And Only
Kurupt - Money, Bitches, Power
MC Eiht, Kam, Goldie Loc - Warzone
Messy Marv - Wake'n Dey Cook Game Up
Rydah - Fisher
Suga Free - Blood Makes You Related, Loyalty Makes You Family

How has no1 mentioned

E-40 - The Block Brochure 4/5/6

What? Y'all don't like gettin 3 albums from a legend on the same day? WTF

LOL @ having separate lists for rap and hip hop, they are the same thing!

Apr 5, 2003
LOL @ having separate lists for rap and hip hop, they are the same thing!
rap and hip hop aren't exactly the same thing IMO.

I'm not gonna go all crazy w/ an explanation but they way I see it is rap (especially gangster rap) is more about street shit (gang related, drugs, slangin, murder, etc.) and hip hop is more about general stuff and the culture itself.

I just broke em up cus it seems like most who posted here was all about the hip hop stuff (thus it being in the 'hip hop' forum) so I wanted to include my rap picks as well. Especially considering this site is mainly focused around gangster rap shit, thats what this site originated on. Seeing people list kayne west as a top album on THIS site of all sites almost brought an angry tear to my eye.

Apr 5, 2003
^^^ Hardly any good tracks on those Block Brochures. Way to much filler

Anyways my favorite release of the year even though its a mixtape is Lloyd Banks Failures No Option. Its a fucken gem to me. Best production easily

This thread reeks of to much Freedom Town influence lol. To me actually this past year was so much of a mediocre year for rap releases. Lots of good music being made but not many all around good projects. Seems like i will never hear another classic.
e-40 dropped 45 tracks on the same day. you expected 42 of them to be gems or sumthin???

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

I'm not gonna go all crazy w/ an explanation but they way I see it is rap (especially gangster rap) is more about street shit (gang related, drugs, slangin, murder, etc.) and hip hop is more about general stuff and the culture itself.

I just broke em up cus it seems like most who posted here was all about the hip hop stuff (thus it being in the 'hip hop' forum) so I wanted to include my rap picks as well. Especially considering this site is mainly focused around gangster rap shit, thats what this site originated on. Seeing people list kayne west as a top album on THIS site of all sites almost brought an angry tear to my eye.
Yeah they are the same thing. You can see things any way you want to but the rest of the world disagrees with you. I see what you're saying about differentiating between the music siccness typically listens to, It would be more logical to call your lists gangsta rap and rap in that case...

Aug 20, 2006
FLA

Your opinion is incorrect (it isnt something that is subjective). Hip-hop = rap. Hip-hop describes the culture more or less, and rapping is the art. But they are interchangeable.

A hip-hop artist raps.
Hip hop is a culture that includes the four elements: rapping, graffiti, break dancing and DJing. Hip hop and rap are used interchangeably a lot but someone who's really about the culture would never do that. A term for what y'all are calling "hip hop" would be underground or backpack.

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
I literally didn't hear any good music in 2013. lol... a few good mixtapes and that's it. im all about the underground shit anyways so...

bleezo
c-bo
killa tay
rydah j klyde
yea...

Jan 18, 2006
That Bleezo album was terrible, i thought he was washed up like 5 years ago when he did a track with Lynch. Just didnt sound nearly as good as he use to. I havent heard a good Sac album in a few years. I just laugh at responses in the 91Siccness forum these days. Yes we can add Killa Tay to the list of wash ups and its hilarious to see people look so forward to a new Bully wit Fullys just cuz hes apart of it. Theres not really much to check for these days actually for Northern Cali rap. First time in my life probably where i mostly listen to music outside my area