Tool's new one

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Mr. Samos said:
Tool's are a bunch of, well, Tools.
If that was a joke...keep your day job.

They are almost done recording the album. It is supposed to be released spring/early summer 2006...that's what it said on their web page a month or two ago.

I am anticipating this album alot. Tool has yet to dissapoint me with anything they have droped so far. APC is sick...but I want to hear a new fucking Tool album damn it...lol.

Red Ryda 916

Lakota Sioux
Jun 12, 2004
South Sac/Wounded Knee
Fuck yeah, tool is my theme music man, Anything with maynard on the vocals is an automatic buy.

"There seems to be a little more brute force going on in the music, rather than being lighter and more intricate like some of the stuff on the last record," Carey said. "It still has quirky time changes, but so far we've been working on really heavy stuff."

^^^Now that's what I wanna hear...

Dec 3, 2005
i didnt know they had a new one on the way. good to know. hands down the very best live show i have ever seen was tool at the gorge in george wa. nobodys got a date tho?

Apr 25, 2002
This fuckin' album better be comin' soon, and they better fuckin' go on tour. I want to see them live hella bad........

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Cranky said:
This fuckin' album better be comin' soon, and they better fuckin' go on tour. I want to see them live hella bad........
I heard late spring or ealy summer. It is aways off but I know the wait will be worth it.

If you are in need for a Tool fix pick up the Video DVD's for the songs Schism and Parabola. Each DVD is about 30min long and has the classic music video for the song plus some other content. I got them for $4.99 each and IMO they are worth it.

Apr 25, 2002
I bought those shits, and I didn't realy see any extra content other than some fuckin' stupid ass commentary.......Did I miss something on there?

Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
Cranky said:

i've seen them live twice already and would go everytime possible. it's a completely different show everytime.

Jun 23, 2003
naner12 said:
i've seen them live twice already and would go everytime possible. it's a completely different show everytime.
Your the 2nd person I know of to say this.

I like tool. Always have. I have to say that the song on undertow w/ Henry Rollins is the shit. I believe it is called swampsong. Killer fuckin riff on that one.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
naner12 said:
Anyone that ever has the chance to see Tool live needs to see that shit any way possible. Out of the many concerts i've been to in my life, Tool was the most amazing i've seen. Plus I got to see Messhuggah open for em which got the crowd hyped like crazy.

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
Yeah ive seen 'em 4 times and every time its fucking awesome. Some of the best times of my life (literally), best concerts.. and ive been to a *lot* of music events. This next CD i want to follow them around on tour while theyre on the west coast. So at least 4-5 more shows within a few weeks time, haha. The next one.. you know itll probably be summer 2006... thats how they usually do it.

One of the best rock bands of all time.
*The* best rock band of the current time.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I got this info from 107.7 The End (Seattle radio station) site. They are pretty acurate with their info.

Off the stool for Tool!
The wait may be close to over for that new Tool CD!, the band says they're in the final stages of tweaking the next effort. The as yet untitled and probably unpronounceable collection is expected in the Spring, but I wouldn't hold your breath. It's the band's first new material in almost half a decade.

Doesn't give alot of detail. But hey it is better than nothing. So they say Spring...means prob. Summer. But atleast it is droping this year.

I can't fucking wait till they go on tour. I will spend the night in front of fucking ticket master if I have to...I am getting tickets no matter what.

Nuttkace

Mar 18, 2003
I've actually made the transition to being more of a APC fan than Tool; and I have seen both in concert. I saw APC in Frisco and Tool in Fresno. The Tool concert was not as good for simple reasons which I will explain in a bit. You see, you have to catch Maynard on a good day, I think.. Sometimes you will catch him going apeshit on stage, which I witnessed at the APC concert. He was very verbal, conversing with the crowd and all. Now when I saw Tool, he stood tucked away in the shadows of a corner. He did not reveal himself the entire time. All you ever saw of him was the red paint he put on his body. You could barely see an outline of him it was so dark on stage.

I'm looking forward to the new Tool album, but more so the next APC which is quite a distance away.