Too $hort "Too many young homies are getting killed"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

4nyay

Sicc OG
Nov 15, 2004
that was a damn good article...thanx for posting it. glad to hear he can't stop rappin. even his 'positive' songs have come tight in the past, so i ain't worried about him falling off cuz of the 'positive' influence coming next year.

Jan 23, 2006
THIS IS A GOOD MOVE FOR SHORT NOT ONLY IS IT POSITIVE BUT HIS DIRTY RAPS ARE GETTIN PLAYED. THIS WILL GIVE HIM A WIDER VARIETY OF SUBJECT MATTER TO RAP ABOUT.

Nov 13, 2004
DFresh77 said:
it's a good thing...but why now?

this is something he should've done years ago...

i respect what he's doing...but what he does will not stop no killings...
Even if he inspires 1 person and save 1 life its a triumph! Each 1 teach 1!

Jan 22, 2007
www.myspace.com
DFresh77 said:
it's a good thing...but why now?

this is something he should've done years ago...

i respect what he's doing...but what he does will not stop no killings...
He implies that the major label wanted him to stay like the old Short! Not that he didn't have a choice...or did he?
hmmm

Mar 4, 2006
Good article. However, I think it's gonna take a lot more than entertainers including positive messages in their music to stop people of color from killing people of color.

Jan 22, 2007
autistic said:
Good article. However, I think it's gonna take a lot more than entertainers including positive messages in their music to stop people of color from killing people of color.
Real talk....Its strange how big some of these rap artists egos are...Just changing lyrics wont change anything but your record sells.....

Mar 18, 2006
i like the whole article but since im here to talk about HipHop this is what really stuck out to me and what you myspace,rat soup eating rappers here need to do....

"Every time a rapper tells me he’s the next big shit that’s gonna blow up and then I listen to his music and all I hear is “I sold dope, I’ll kill a nigga, I got hella cars and money,” I wish could make him be original. I wish I could make the next generation of rappers tell the truth about what they really feel."....TOO SHORT

Jan 22, 2007
www.myspace.com
TOMMYJAMES said:
i like the whole article but since im here to talk about HipHop this is what really stuck out to me and what you myspace,rat soup eating rappers here need to do....

"Every time a rapper tells me he’s the next big shit that’s gonna blow up and then I listen to his music and all I hear is “I sold dope, I’ll kill a nigga, I got hella cars and money,” I wish could make him be original. I wish I could make the next generation of rappers tell the truth about what they really feel."....TOO SHORT
Real talk!

Dec 4, 2006
mafiaqueen said:
Even if he inspires 1 person and save 1 life its a triumph! Each 1 teach 1!
how many years later though?

nlrwriting said:
He implies that the major label wanted him to stay like the old Short! Not that he didn't have a choice...or did he?
hmmm
He had a choice, but the money was too good...

Nov 13, 2004
DFresh77 said:
how many years later though?

He had a choice, but the money was too good...
Yeah but people go thru different stages in life. Some sooner others later. I dont think how I did when I was 19or20, I've grown, but some of my peers still act and think like they still 19 or 20 and are the same age as me. Point is, everybody grows up in they own time. Its a natural progression to do negative shit then grow up and look back at it and say, hey, I was wrong for that. And I think it takes a very honest humble person to admit that. U can see the pattern tho, look at Master P he 40 and changed his message, look at DMC from Run DMC, he was hard when he was young but now he 40plus and is doing folk music tryin to inspire positivity. Just my 2 cents.