to you reason heads

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
You can do either. If synced to Cubase, I'd do the sequences in Cubase, to keep everything together. If I started the track in reason and pretty much finished it, I'll just leave the sequences in reason and sync the rest of my outboard gear to cubase.

May 17, 2002
that makes sence, but i cant find where to assign a module to a rewire track in cubase, i looked in the manual and the manual isnt very helpful, i dont know if i have to set up a midi track in cubase or what.....thanks for the help though mayne

May 2, 2002
It's like when you use a VST instrument in Cubase. When you have a midi track opened up, you can assign where you want the MIDI data to go.

Make sure you open reason right after you open cubase, and this has to be done before you try to assign the MIDI outs. Once they're both open, pull up the assignable outs for that channel in Cubase. It should show all the rack modules in reason along with whatever VSTs you have opened. From there you can play MIDI data in cubase and it should respond in reason.

Now also, once you've rewired reason to cubase, you have to make sure you set each rack sound to an individual out on the top of the Audio out box in reason (unless you want all your audio on the 2 outs that they default to). Make sure you have an audio track set up in cubase so you can hear the sound from reason. I hope that helps.