To get started

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 26, 2004
I would like to get started to learn N work on some graphic design but dont know what Im lookin for what programs to get. I've been doing my ideas jus sketches, drawings N paint, so I would like to learn/know the computer now.

Ive been to Best Buy, OfficeMax N Office Depot, seeing all these programs Im jus wondering what was the best to get me started. I want to mess with lots of fonts, colors N on photos.

I thought I asked here first since I seen alot of bad ass work peoples been postin on here. Thanks.

Jun 25, 2005
I would take a class or two if youre really serious. Before I took a class I was a fuckin computer retard LOL! Now its easier and cheaper for me to make art on the comp than traditionally. Damn I kinda sound like them Heald commercials LOL

Oh yeah Photoshop and Illustrator are the 1s!

Dec 26, 2004
Yeah Im waitin for those classes you can sign up take for the summer.

I still lookin N reading the boxes. I ask the employees but they seem to jus grab whatever N say this is good.

Thanks.

Mar 25, 2004
www.metalmouthproductions.com
Look for Photoshop CS4 Extended version since it has the 3D included. If you got an ipod video then subscribe to all the free photoshop video podcasts in itunes. Go online check out tutorials to get familiar with all the tools in photoshop and what each one does. DONT follow any trends and be original.

Apr 25, 2002
members.cox.net
actually any photoshop from CS2 & up will work, unless you want that 3D from CS4..

i still use CS2.. puts out quality work. and it helps to take classes. i was self taught and learned from the original art forum vets. but the class will shine light on some features you never knew photoshop had.

good luck!