To anyone in the retail business..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 26, 2006
anyone who works retail knows about making daily or weekly plan, it's all about beating last years sales and all that.

i want to know what is it that you tell your district manager when they ask whats your game plan for sales?
i'm managing a retail store and its stressful when your store doesnt meet the numbers.. let me know whats good!

Jun 24, 2005
I've worked retail for far too long, but never in the management role. I don't think I could do it. Almost every manager I've had in retail has been fucking miserable lol. When corporate gets on their ass, they take that shit out on us at the store level.

drewski.kalonji

Shark Finning & Grinning
May 17, 2002
Murky Bay Waters, CA
Articulately changing the blocking/zoning of product and facing accordingly. Seasonal items for a larger public pull. Better recovery. Better outside promo than last year/quarter.

Of course it all matters to the type of thing you're retailing.

Any retail position with district managers comes off as pretty bootsy to me unless you or semi-close peers built it yallself. It's just seems like a constant squeeze to get the most out of their staff for as cheap as possible. To each his own though good luck.

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
I'm not no manager of retailing but I'll tell you what I know on how to fix your problem. That district manager will be highly impressed when you tell them you found out how to fix your retailing problems.

First, you're going to need approximately 5,000 cubic meters of sand (could be more or less depending on your retails). I'd suggest "Strathcona Sand" which can be purchased at this website: http://www.canar.ca/product.php?subcategory=13

Basically you are going to want to cover your retail items in the sand in a large container; let it sit for 2-3 hours, then shake it up, take out approximately a third of the sand then start the process over again until there is no more sand left.

Any residual sand left on the retail items after this is done is not to be removed from the retails. It is to remain on the product until it reaches the point of contact with the customer. The customers will start buying more products.

Make sure to charge it to your companies expense account because Strathcona Sand can be highly expensive, but the retails you gonna make afterwards will pay for it in the end and that district manager is gonna give you a raise for saving the company millions.

Let the district manager know this is your game plan and he's gonna be highly impressed.

Jun 24, 2005
Alright I have a question...

I've been here for several years, and seen the sand trick posted many times. Can anyone describe its origins?

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
anyone who works retail knows about making daily or weekly plan, it's all about beating last years sales and all that.

i want to know what is it that you tell your district manager when they ask whats your game plan for sales?
i'm managing a retail store and its stressful when your store doesnt meet the numbers.. let me know whats good!
you need to motivate your staff, tell him the game plan requires a team effort and your plan is based on teamwork.

Apr 11, 2008
WWW.PLEASEATSOMESHIT.COM
Articulately changing the blocking/zoning of product and facing accordingly. Seasonal items for a larger public pull. Better recovery. Better outside promo than last year/quarter.

Of course it all matters to the type of thing you're retailing.

Any retail position with district managers comes off as pretty bootsy to me unless you or semi-close peers built it yallself. It's just seems like a constant squeeze to get the most out of their staff for as cheap as possible. To each his own though good luck.
there ya go