TO ALL THE PHOTOgRAPHERS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
I KNOW YOU gET TIRED OF BEIN' ASKED WHAT CAMERA YOU USE AND I'M NOT ASKIN' YOU THAT. WHAT I AM ASKIN' IS:

IF YOU DIDN'T HAVE A CAMERA AND HAD TO START FROM SCRATCH, WHICH CAMERA WOULD YOU gO WITH, HOW MUCH WOULD YOU BE WILLIN' TO SPEND, AND IF THERE WAS A PAKAgE DEAL, WHAT WOULD CONVINCE YOU OF BUYIN' THAT, INSTEAD OF ANOTHA CAMERA (OR WHATEVA PAKAgE IT COMES WITH)?

I'M JUST UPPIN' MY gAME AND TRYIN' TO BE ON SOME OF YAW'S LEVEL(YEAH, I TAKE PICTURES, BUT AIN'T TRUELY IN LOVE WITH IT). I SEE THAT NIKON gOT THAT D 60 AND KIND OF STUK ON WHAT PAKAgE DEAL THEY HAVE AND SHOULD JUMP ON.
N-E HELP IS APPRECIATED.

Jul 7, 2007
if you were gonna step into the camera game and were gonna head into canons; id recommend the xsi. . . its a really great camera to start off with but it is a bit pricey, about 900ish but i say its worth it. . . you should go into your local best buy and fuck around with the cameras and see what you like b4 u buy anything. . . id recommend buyin from a major retail store and purchasing insurance on it. . . shit happens. . . especially with cameras. . .

Jan 10, 2003
starting.

First, Go Nikon. Period.

second, buy an outfit with a nice all around lens like a d-80 with a 18-135 lens.

the newer d-40's are also nice.

if I was you, i wouldnt spend anything over 500-600 untill you know you really enjoy it, or are good enough to possibly make some money

once you reach that point, buy a sb-600 flash, and a wide angle lens.

thats the best start IMO

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
3DEANHg,
DID YOU gET THAT WITH A PAKAgE DEAL OR JUST THE BODY? AND FOR HOW MUCH?

DISCUSS 650,
THANKS FOR THE LINK AND SUgKESTION. MUCH APPRECIATED. WHAT TYPE OF LENSE YOU USIN' NOWADAYS? SO DO YOU OWN N-E OTHA TYPE OF CAMERA? IF SO, HOW DOES IT COMPARE?

MINg BADA BINg,

I WENT INTO THIS ONE CAMERA STORE CALLED "WOLF'S" YESTERDAY AND LOOKED AROUND AND SEEN THAT THE NIKON D-60 WAS A gOOD FIT. BUT I WAS REALLY LOOKIN' FOR A CANNON. THEY HAVE A SPECIAL ON A PAKAgE DEAL RUNNIN' TIL THE 31ST. SO INSTEAD OF JUMPIN' ON THE DEAL, I CAME ONLINE TO SEE IF I COULD gET A BETTER PAKAgE DEAL(MORE LENSES, MEMORY CARDS, ACCESSORIES). WITH A PAKAgE DEAL, I'M WILLIN' TO SPEND UP TO 7 HUN OR A LIL MO'. BUT IF I CAN gET IT UNDA 5, THAT'LL BE gREAT.

FANATIKAL,
SOUNDS gOOD. SO WHY YOU RECCOMMENDIN' THE D-80 AND D-40 BUT NOT THE D-60? AND AIN'T THE D-80 OVER 5-6 HUN? WHAT'S THE HYPE ALL ABOUT THE SB-600 FLASH?

Jan 5, 2006
i moved up from a point and shoot, it was slr style but not an slr.

i use the lens it comes with, 18-55mm lens.. this camera is the lightest and easier to use than the other models..

read this link here.. http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d40/d40-recommendations.htm

it will tell you why the d40 is better than the d70 and others.. dont worry about a sb flash yet until you start shooting in low light situations like indoors/weddings etc.

the built in flash works pretty good only problem is you cant bounce the flash off the ceiling or off a specific object.

Jun 23, 2003
I started with a 3 megapixel poloroid and when I learned HOW to take a photo, I got a Canon Digital Elph 8 MP for x-mas. I still only use the Canon and I did get a 35mm lomo fisheye for xmas this year.

I dont use all that slr shit. I do my editing in photoshop. I'm too poor to have an expensive camera. Gotta make use with what I got.

Mar 21, 2007
www.myspace.com
I get shit free or damn neer free
Right now I got
D60
D70
D40x

N I'm bout to get
D90
Sony alpha (don't know wich one)
Canon rebel (don't know wich one)
And they got lenses too but don't know what they r