TNA Against All Odds

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 4, 2004
Who else watched the PPV last night? I think it was good, it reminded me of the old King of the Ring tournaments.....damn glad that The Pope won the tournament and not Kennedy.

Results for those who missed it:

- In an 8 Stud Tournament Quarterfinal, "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero defeated Desmond Wolfe to advance

- In an 8 Stud Tournament Quarterfinal, TNA World Tag Team Champion Matt Morgan defeated fellow Tag Team Champion Hernandez to advance

- In an 8 Stud Tournament Quarterfinal, Mr. Anderson defeated Kurt Angle after battering him with his own Olympic Gold Medal

- In an 8 Stud Tournament Quarterfinal, Abyss defeated Mick Foley after getting the win with the Black Hole Slam in thumb tacks to advance

- The Nasty Boys defeated Team 3D thanks to an assist by legendary manager "The Mouth Of The South" Jimmy Hart, who made his TNA Wrestling return

- In an 8 Stud Tournament Semifinal, "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero defeated Matt Morgan to advance to the finals

- In an 8 Stud Tournament Semifinal, Mr. Anderson defeated Abyss to advance to the finals

- With Eric Bischoff as special referee, TNA World Heavyweight Champion "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles (with Ric Flair) successfully defended the gold against Samoa Joe

- In the 8 Card Stud Finals, "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero (despite suffering an earlier attack by Scott Hall and Sean Waltman) defeated Mr. Anderson to win the tournament and a shot at the TNA World Heavyweight Championship!

ET23

Sicc OG
May 22, 2008
Im glad the Pope won too...didnt expect that. I might have to check this out on youtube or torrent hah too busy and too broke to get 2 pay per views a month...no way out next week.

Feb 8, 2003
the might well give him the tittle or else they gonna bury him bc they buried kennedy by having him lose clean to pope already. they couldve atleast had kennedy lose from a dq or count out to save him.

IMO Tna problem is they dont have they timing right they make everything happens in one night they dont slowly build wrestlers.

bc remember pope just beat AJ clean a few weeks ago now he win the tournament as number one contender. correct me if im wrong but he shoulve been number one contender after he beat styles few weeks ago. it wouldve been a better storyline if they wouldve had kennedy(anderson)win the tournament then make him and pope debate on which one gets the tittle shot or make it a 3 way match for the belt.

Dec 4, 2004
Pope had to win it....everyone is behind him. Anderson is a heel....he could lose 50 million times, people are still gonna hate him. Randy Orton is a fine example of that..

Anderson was plastered all over the PPV, and he gave like 3 promos, if that didn't build him up, i dont know what will.