Time Dilation

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 17, 2004
ParkBoyz said:
I was always under the impression that time was a 4th dimension, and has an interrelationship with space..
Yeah

When I say, "time is only a concept of the human mind", this isn't some scientific fact, don't get me wrong, it's just what I've personally gathered to believe from Relativity, since observation of time changes from perspective to perspective.

Time isn't tangible and the way we measure it is very peculiar, we measure time with... time. So when I say "time is only a concept of the human mind", this is what I mean.

Anyway time's interrelationship with space is exactly what were talking about.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Time=space, so we're traveling in space? our bodies are vessels that hold energy to transport us around the universe (or what our bodies are capable of which is this planet).....?

Jun 17, 2004
I AM said:
Time=space, so we're traveling in space?
Yes without space there would be no time. Space changes and rearranges thus we observe the constant changing as time. Like johnsmith said, Einstein called it "spacetime".

I AM said:
our bodies are vessels that hold energy to transport us around the universe (or what our bodies are capable of which is this planet).....?
Biology and the purpose of our bodies is a whole different subject, but go ahead and post a thread if you please.

From what I know our bodies like all other living organisms are not a constant (they are always rearranging or moving in some way).

This reminds me of a story about a man who was born blind and after optical surgery was able to see for the first time (faintly). The man would see a cat or person walk across the room and he would observe it as a different cat or person every time they moved, or even when he himself moved. He hadn't yet realized that the cat or person was the same even though he visually saw it changing or moving.

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
It is all about reference frames when you talk about time dilation. But the twin paradox is true because time travels slower for the twin traveling near the speed of light actually ages slower. The actual biological processes of our bodies slows down so it is not all in our head because thing will physically change differently.

Oct 3, 2005
this subject of time and space is interesting.

nhojsmith said:
...the friend is an idiot and jumps towards the black hole, from my view he slows down as he approaches event horizon, from his view i am speeding up, theoretically if he wasnt stretched and killed, he would watch the universe unfold as he got closer to event horizon, from my view, he would almost come to a complete freeze point and i would see his clock stop, eventually he would redshift and vanish. from his persepctive, when he passes through the event horizon, he has left the universe in an instant. from my view it takes him "forever" to cross event horizon and he never leaves.

remember everyone, when science fools say universe they are talking about the observabel universe, once you cross event horizon you arent in our observable universe and theory says you can never come back because its escape velocity exceeds the speed of light.
is the friend really an idiot for doing this? would he be killed or would he cross into another universe? i think it would be awesome to see another universe. once he/she is in that universe, is it possible that it would contain it's own black holes leading to other universes, and possibly back to ours? that shit would be crazy, jumping universes. is this similar to "worm hole" theories? that shit kinda reminds me of that episode of futurama where they had the box that contained another universe.