Tight or Wack? Mac Dre

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BOLO

FRISCO TO SAC IM AT THAT
Aug 27, 2002
bay cats still sounding salty over absolutely nothing. i loved the line when i heard it, cuz im a mac dre fan. all the other blah about him wanting to sell records...he probably does, he gets paid off that and aint nothing wrong with it.

at the end of the day Mac Dre is the real legend and i love when other rappers pay homage...why wouldnt you???

Jun 5, 2004
We got mad when the mainstream didnt give the bay props...

But when the bay gets props from mainstream artists, we just shit on them n be like "nigga u niggaz aint da mob we da mob". Hahaha the bay stays all negative nancy about some of the littlest shit...

Not to mention can we let mac dre rest in peace, if it aint a positive topic on dre then whats really the point anymore?

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2010
No the bay showed hella love/hate when drake did it and niggas like Jeezy and Ross try and eat off it aswell Jeezy not so much he showed the bay love prior

Jul 25, 2007
to be honest these cats just mentioning mac dre now cuz they wanna sale some records in the bay the region is untapped on a mainstream level ........drake did it, yo gotti did .........now rick ross whats new ..........fuck outta here
You gotta look at the brighter side. Maybe it will have the MMG fanbase look up Mac Dre and cop some of his music. Contributing to Andres family. I get where your coming from tho but you gotta remember that this IS a business.

Apr 25, 2002
to be honest these cats just mentioning mac dre now cuz they wanna sale some records in the bay the region is untapped on a mainstream level ........drake did it, yo gotti did .........now rick ross whats new ..........fuck outta here

untapped in what way? mainstream radio rules the bay area. mainstream artists been sellin there. the only time when there was actual "relative" competition with local indie artists was back in the 90's. those days are long gone.

Mac Dre, or E-40, or Too Short are damn near the only ways to grab the majority of the bay area hip hop community at once. it aint like Ross or Drake didnt sell there, but they can sell more with little effort. thats why these dudes aint really hollerin Pac, or wasnt really featuring Pac, when they're tryna get bay area rap communities notice. Mac Dre is the way to go. RIP to the man.

i used Short as an example to get the communities attention. Short hollers "bay" hella more than he did before hyphy. aside from that, Shorts one of very few active legends, so he's way bigger than the bay area.

Dec 20, 2006
untapped in what way? mainstream radio rules the bay area. mainstream artists been sellin there. the only time when there was actual "relative" competition with local indie artists was back in the 90's. those days are long gone.

Mac Dre, or E-40, or Too Short are damn near the only ways to grab the majority of the bay area hip hop community at once. it aint like Ross or Drake didnt sell there, but they can sell more with little effort. thats why these dudes aint really hollerin Pac, or wasnt really featuring Pac, when they're tryna get bay area rap communities notice. Mac Dre is the way to go. RIP to the man.

i used Short as an example to get the communities attention. Short hollers "bay" hella more than he did before hyphy. aside from that, Shorts one of very few active legends, so he's way bigger than the bay area.
I'm just gone put it to you like this the bay area rap scène is like the nba d league these local ass niggas aren't really sealing no units .only young nigga that's hot is iamsu hbk, as for 40 and short when the last time one of them...
went platinum? bay area rappers are to explicit they word play aint up to par its not what you say its how you say it...sage the Gemini is representing us ...that just sums it up....he aint really a good representation of the bay but he platinum......it is what it is like I said our region is untapped, watch mtv jams and tell me how many bay area videos you see ?. don't worry ill wait

Apr 25, 2002
I'm just gone put it to you like this the bay area rap scène is like the nba d league these local ass niggas aren't really sealing no units .only young nigga that's hot is iamsu hbk, as for 40 and short when the last time one of them...
went platinum? bay area rappers are to explicit they word play aint up to par its not what you say its how you say it...sage the Gemini is representing us ...that just sums it up....he aint really a good representation of the bay but he platinum......it is what it is like I said our region is untapped, watch mtv jams and tell me how many bay area videos you see ?. don't worry ill wait
i honestly dont know wtf your talkin about g. im talkin bout, imo, why these dudes holler Mac Dre. your on some other shit. why did Chris Brown feature Too Short and not IAMSU? cus generations of the nation know who Short is. Chris Brown knows how it works.

to speak on what your speakin, your talking like mainstream = platinum. your also talking like platinum = great word play. how many platinum artists have fantastic word play? how many mainstream artists have fantastic word play? word play dont = platinum. also, being too explicit has little to do with it, especially nowadays when dudes just edit over a cuss word instead of doing a radio version with different lyrics. if being too explicit fucks platinum chances, (Bitches) Love Me and Fuckin Problems would've only gone copper plated wood. but being clean obviously helps a tremendous lot.

assuming one considers Fairfield in the bay area, how is Sage not a good representation of the bay? should he be? whats a good representation of the bay? some one from Oakland with an Oakland attitude? majority of the bay isnt Oakland, though the O and Frisco is damn near all that really matters. Sage and them HBK dudes make hits. their hits sound like whats hot in the mainstream at the relative time. thats why shit happens for them. their not focused on making all these little bay area cities happy.