Ticked off: Brown faults clock rule in loss to OSU

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
Youve got to be kidding....i mean lets ignore the fact that Texas lost by more than 2 TD's...what a whinner...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2583128

Add Texas coach Mack Brown to the list of critics of the NCAA's new football clock rules.

Brown said Monday during the weekly Big 12 teleconference that the new rules, which were designed to limit the time of games, hurt the No. 8 Longhorns in Saturday's loss to No. 1 Ohio State.

"They scored with six minutes left and the game was over before we had a chance to do anything," Brown said. "I really hope whoever made these changes will go back and look them over."

Under the rule changes, the clock starts on a kickoff when the ball is kicked, not when the receiving team touches it; and on a first down, when the ball is marked ready for play, not when it is snapped.

Brown said while games are being shortened, the fans are being shortchanged.

"One of the great things about college football is a team's ability to come back," Brown said. "Now that's limited. Our game was 22 minutes shorter. That's a little under 10 percent of our game. That's not fair to our fans. We worry about them sitting there?"

Brown said, at worst, the old rules should be in place for the last two or five minutes of each game.

Of the new rules, Brown said: "I hate it."

May 2, 2002
Well...who's fault is it that they were down?

We couldn't win because we were down and there wasn't enough time to come back...lol...nice logic.