thugged out gold

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 25, 2005
C-4 said:
wrong.

that album actually had to do the full 500,000 because I read in an interview a long time ago, that that album should have been gold back then when it was hot (being that it was a double album and had sold over 250,000 units and doubles count for 2 units each) but when it was registered with soundscan or whoever was tracking sales, it was not registered as a double album so it only received one scan per sale.

Yuk said that in an interview a while back

so now that they're saying it's gold, it must have really sold the full amount, so congrats to Yuk for getting there when he should have a long time ago.

wow that's faulty...so if that's true Yuk should have another platinum album right now.......they did him dirty

Mar 13, 2005
C-4 said:
wrong.

that album actually had to do the full 500,000 because I read in an interview a long time ago, that that album should have been gold back then when it was hot (being that it was a double album and had sold over 250,000 units and doubles count for 2 units each) but when it was registered with soundscan or whoever was tracking sales, it was not registered as a double album so it only received one scan per sale.

Yuk said that in an interview a while back

so now that they're saying it's gold, it must have really sold the full amount, so congrats to Yuk for getting there when he should have a long time ago.
Yea i remember that, he said that in murderdog and in a few other internet interviews but, i dont think they did him dirty, thugged out was a double disc album but a double album has to be a 100 minutes long to get double numbers on soundscan and thugged out wasnt a 100 minutes if im not mistaked ( havent listened to it in a minute). Yuk had already scanned over 250k within one year after thugged out was released, but he didnt get a gold plaque cuz the double album contained less then a 100 minutes of music.. so basically if yuk would have put a few more songs on thugged out he would have a platinum plaque right now..

R.I.A.A. CERTIFICATIONS / SOUNDSCAN

These figures are taken from a variety of sources (again, some of the dates come from Alex's FAQ). In the early 1970's the RIAA certification of "Gold" meant $1,000,000 worth of an album sold. With the explosion of the music industry in the 1970s the "Gold" certification was redefined in 1975 to "require that an album also sell a minimum of 500,000 copies in addition to reaching $1 million in sales" (RIAA). The "Platinum" award was introduced in 1976 to signify shipments of 1,000,000 units shipped and a minimum of $2,000,000 at wholesale. The RIAA also uses a multiplication system for albums with more that one disc. Thus, a 2 disc set selling 2 million copies will be certified quadruple-platinum (4x Platinum). This has changed in recent years with multi-disc sets being required to contain 100 minutes of music to qualify for multiplied shipping accounting. If you spot any errors or can add details, please contact me. This list only deals with the domestic US official issues. See also KISS RIAA Chronology

Nov 7, 2005
stunt1on1 said:
it sold 80k first week..
no it didn't, who's gassing y'all? is it the same person who said baby bash was platinum? go to riaa.com, it will show you baby bash went gold and there is no certification for yuk

Sep 12, 2002
it should count 1 disc one. that misleading sales. if want IT TOcount as 2 disc should release as 2 volumeS. if it takes this long for a CLASSIC ALBUM to go gold - i dont see album these days going NEAR GOLD.

Oct 22, 2004
damn double discs count as 2 units per 1 cd ......damn they need to drop a triple cd !!! and get 3 counts LOL this album should of been PLATINUM!! been out what 7 yrs?