Thoughts on Logic 8

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

B.C.

Sicc OG
Mar 12, 2005
A friend of mine showed me this program yesterday and that shit's the real deal. He's got me sold on it to where I'm about ready to leave protools alone and go buy Logic.Have any of you used this and if so what are your thoughts.

Aug 31, 2006
im using the Logic 8 express, which doesnt have many differences to the full verison besides some instruments, plugins, and the scoring for film editor.

I really like it. At college we worked with Pro Tools and I wanted to try something different so I picked Logic up. The feel of it and the workflow is very similar to Pro tools.
Its a huge program, and I even have the express version. There is a lot of things to learn about it but once you pick up the basics, you will enjoy it.

Apr 25, 2002
I have Logic 8 Express as well and I love it. For about 8 years I used nothing but Cakewalk and Sonar but once I got a Mac I wanted to try Logic so I picked it up and havn't turned back since. Its really easy to learn and use and is organized well. For $200 the shit is a steal IMO.

B.C.

Sicc OG
Mar 12, 2005
Thanks for sharing your feed back and experiences with Logic. I remember when I was still using ADATS back in the early 2000's and my partner that I shared a studio with introduced me to logic .I fell in love with it from the very start. It made my job so much easier. I used the old 5.6 version for the pc and then came protools. I used protools because everyone else was using it. But I think i'm about to switch back to logic pretty soon.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
On the real, all daws pretty much have the same function it's just a matter of where things are located and how to go about doing whatever it is you want to do. I know Home-E uses Logic, and when I hooked up with him some months back it didn't take long for me get my feet wet. But of course I already knew what it was I wanted to do so that should be taken into consideration, but for me the learning curve doesn't seem steep. I like the app, just don't like how it looks, and a couple of other functions seemed a bit awkward but it's solid. If I were running a Mac I'd probably use PT for clients but Logic for personal projects (thats what I do with PT and Cubase.)

Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
I'm on Logic Pro 8, and it's the real deal. I also have Pro-Tools, but I only use that for cats that need the files for mix downs at other studios. Other than that, I don't fuck with Pro-Tools. I'm still learning Logic, 'cause there's so much shit you can do with it.

My advice is to get on Youtube and learn shit about it, there are a lot of helpful videos there. Just Blaze even has some instructional videos about Logic. The most helpful cat on Youtube though, in my opinion, is SFLogicNinja...dude knows his shit. If you can, stay away from videos from EXPERTVILLAGE. Each of their videos are only a minute and a half, and don't really tell you shit.