Thoughts on Esinchill

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 26, 2005
My Pleasure!!!!!

Peace yall, question: Remember how you felt when you first heard “Who Is Jill Scott” or D’Angelo’s “Brown Sugar”? Though I don’t know you, it’s not hard for me to describe your state of musical euphoria because it was common to us all. The more you listened the more you were filled with joy and an overwhelming anxiety to tell someone about how this music made you feel, and be the one to expose them to its goodness, which lead to an inevitable question that served as concern for your fellow man that he or she was unaware of the beauty of this music and at the same time a tad bit adolescent because it gave you the feeling that “I know something you don’t”: “Hey, have you heard that…”
The goodness of music should be shared and that’s why I feel compelled to tell yall about some music that I had the good fortune of stumbling across. It’s called “Choice Cuts”. Birthed by the artists Esinchill and King Beef, with the majority of the production duties provided by a young man who calls himself CD. The sound is a musical fusion of hip-hop, soul, and funk, which produces a genre within a genre, so to speak. The appropriate phrase, which I can’t take credit for, is called “Hip Hop Mood Music”; it was coined by a brother who obviously worked for the company that represents Esinchill, King Beef, and CD. I was in Moses Music and happened to be in earshot of a conversation between the brother and the owner of the store Sean Kennedy, who made a statement that still resonates with me that I’d like to share with you: “You guys are going to be hard-pressed to find someone who doesn’t like this record if they take time to listen to it”.
Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to find out what the release date is, but because the music was so good to me I did some research so I could provide you some direction as to where you can find the music. When I Googled Esinchill I was pleased to see that the album “Choice Cuts” is not only available to be experienced but also for purchase at www.rceason.com, www.shockg.com, myspace.com/esinchillandkingbeef, and cdbaby.com/esinchillandkingbeef. They also have a few songs that you can download.
I wish yall could feel my glee as I write these words. It feels great to tell others about good music and remember, if you don’t take time out to experience this music, I’m always one up on you. So adolescent! (Smile) One Love yall!!

Sep 26, 2005
Thizz, I agree!!! The sound of "Choice Cuts" is fresh and refreshing. Often times that is a description that is overly used, but here, it fits so perfectly! The listening was and is lovely! Pay attention yall!!!