THIS IS THE REAL ON BAY AREA ARTISTS..................................

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
TheBayIsTheSco said:
first off brotha lynch aint from the yay.
you made good points but about that qoute on top....

with people outside of california who like bay shit,most of'em refer to valley acts like C-Bo,Lynch,D.O.A.,Planet Asia,Killa Tay,etc. as bay area artists.for us in Nor Cal,we distinguish Valley and Bay,but what i think it is is out side of cali,Nor Cal music is bay music.know what im sayin? no body from the Valley says they're from the bay,its the cats outside of Cali,they figure since its Northern California then it must be the bay....

Apr 25, 2002
im feelin you on Nickatina. He gets play damn near everywhere. The whole west coast from Seattle to San Diego was bumpin Ayo 4 Yayo which brings me to my next point...

Im currently staying in Southern California and NOBODY down here knows who San Quinn is, nor do they know he is the rapper on Ayo 4 Yayo. I have never SEEN a San Quinn CD in San Diego, Los Angeles or anywhere else in Southern California. I think Quinn is the best rapper in the Bay Area, I Give You My Word was certainly the best album of the year but I think that the bay mentality is too much about the bay; I dont know what Done Deal is going to do with the extent of distribution but when Quinn aint put out a cd for three years and then drops I Give You My Word it would help to let the other half of California hear it.

If Quinn wants to go big IMO he needs better promotion especially in Southern California, he should have a website or other internet tool that can keep people updated daily/weekly on him so that people know when to go out and purchase his music, and lastly needs to drop his records when he says he drops them. I met people in the Bay that went to the store the day I Give You My Word came out and bought somethin else since it wasnt there, you lose sales when you continously delay your albums for months or even years, especially when it gets leaked (I Give U My Word was leaked). Quinn has the skills to sell the most units, but he hasnt ever properly distributed a cd. I dont think its possible to sell more than 30-40K if the only place you sell records is San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose and Sacramento...

Jan 20, 2003
dave: i agree, quinn or pretty much the whole bay does not promote in so cal. they don't support us at all though. i think most artists out here would rather promote their shit in kc, oregon, wash, parts of the south and midwest where they do support bay area shit. on quinn's new one coming out he's got at least 3 LA rappers on it so maybe and hopefully things will change with the socal support. socal aint feelin the bay area scene for whatever reason, probably their personalities. i just don't think socal is ready for this hyphy, go dumb, get stupid bay area phase. just my 2 cents on the matter.........

dave: one more thing............. how was i give u my word leaked???? r u talking about the radio rips??

Apr 25, 2002
SF
I lived in Socal for a long time before moving to the bay and all me and my folks listened to was bay music, except maybe for dogg pound mc eiht or dj quik. we'd bump mac dre 4-tay luniz all that shit daily.

But i do think Quinn would benefit by reaching out to the rest of the state and even collaborating with rappers down there. yukmouth's been succesful because he's tapped into every market, he's got songs with people from all across the states. and while san quinn may hold the record for most appearances, the majority of them are on bay albums!