THEY CAN KEEP HATIN....................MY NIGGA LOCKSMITH DID HIS THANG

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
THEY STILL HATIN.EVEN IF REIGN MAN WON DEF JAM,KEVIN LYLES,THE WHOLE INDUSTRY KNOW THAT CALI(THE BAY AREA 4REAL) AINT BEIN REPPED.THEY KNOW PHILLY HOT RIGHT NOW.THATS EAST COAST BIAS.DIDNT A PHILLY CAT MAKE IT OVER A CALI CAT IN MAKIN THE BAND.YES.THAT JUST SHOW YOU THEY WANT US AT THE BOTTOM OF THE BARREL.EVEN THOUGH I BEEN HUSTLIN AND FUCKIN WIT INDUSTRY CATS ,THE WAY THEY DISRESPECTED CALI ALL OVER MTV IS ABOUT TO MAKE ME SMASH SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HARD.IMMA DO 1 OF THESE DEALS JUST TO SHOW THE WORLD THE TRUE MEANING OF A REAL CALIFORNIA BAY AREA NIGGA.IM TIRED ,IM TIRED OF THE WEST NOT BEIN REPPED.FUCK THAT.FUCK DEF JAM ANYWAY.THEY WENT AND SIGNED W.C FOR WHAT .THAT NIGGA 40 PLUS WHO DO HE APPEAL TO.THEY NEED TO STOP THINKIN CALI IS MENACE TO SOCIETY OR BOYS IN THE HOOD.FUCK DRE FOR NOT PUTTIN NIGGAS ON IN THE WEST.HE HAS THE MOST POWER RIGHT NOW AND HE COULD DO IT IF HE WANTED TO.WE NEED TO GET OUT OF THAT 94,95,96,97 ERA OF MAKIN MUSIC,CAUSE I SEE ALOT OF YAAL STILL STUCK IN THAT TIME.PEOPLE ASK ME IS YOUR ALBUM GONNA SOUND LIKE MR.PREDICTER.HOW.ITS A NEW ERA AND IM MOVIN ALONG WIT IT.

IM SOO HEATED RIGHT NOW.CAUSE WE WAS SO CLOSE TO GETTIN PUT ON.IT FELT LIKE WHEN THE GIANTS LOST GAME 6 IN THE WORLD SERIES.LOCKSMITH YOU DID YO THANG AND I GOT YO BACK NIGGA.OH YEAH YALL CHECK OUT LOCKSMITH ON MY VOL 3 W/KILLA KEISE

1 MORE THING.ALL THE BIG RAPPERS FROM N.CALI AT LEAST WIT A NAME OUT THERE NEED TO START A COALITION FOR THE NEW BAY OLD BAY WHATEVER.IF EVERYBODY PLAY THEY POSISITION WE CAN BE PUT BACK ON.40 GOT A NEW VIDEO AND SONG BUT IT WILL NEVER BE ON TRL OR 106 WHY.BECAUSE THEY AINT GO PROMOTE IT IN THE EAST ONLY THE REGIONS HIS SALES ARE.DO YALL REMEMBER WHEN 40 DID THE SONG WIT FAB.YEAH IN NEW YORK THEY USED TO JUST PLAY FAB VERSE.SEE THATS WHAT IM TALKIN BOUT

BAY DEZINS- NO DISRESPECT BUT IF YOU BELEIVE THAT YOU GOT TO BE AS DUMB AS 13 YEAR OLD IN THE 1ST GRADE.COME ON MAN CALI AINT BEEN THE SAME SINCE PAC DIED,DRE LEFT DEATH ROW,AND MASTER P WENT TO THE NO.THEY DONT WANT US IN THE LIMELIGHT DOGG.YOU CANT SEE THE PICTURE.THE ONLY NIGGAS ON VIDEOS IS DOWN SOUTH AND EAST COAST.PERIOD.THIS THE BAY NOT LA AND IM TIRED OF PEOPLE THINKIN THAT

PLAIN FACT.THEY HATIN.PUT US ON SOME JUST BLAZE,KANYE WEST,ALCHEMIST,NEPTUNES AND DONT SAY YOU FROM CALI I BET WE SALE A MILLION

Nov 28, 2002
Maine O of 11/5 in Xplosive magazine:

"I blame it on the lack of backers (big labels, companies, distribution). Guys willing to put up the money to back guys like us. The East Coast, you dont have that problem, now in the South you dont have that problem. As soon as a guy some out and he's got a heavy hitter on his video, then thats it, hes platnium. Theres not a lot of that out here, Big Companies West, and we've been selling records just as long as they have. 4 albums and we been on over 100 projects11/5 has always delieverd some of the best rap money can buy."

Apr 25, 2002
cellskiaka2took said:
THEY NEED TO STOP THINKIN CALI IS MENACE TO SOCIETY OR BOYS IN THE HOOD.
Maybe when cats stop acting like its Menace II Society and Boyz In The Hood.... You gotta GIVE THEM A REASON to stop thinking it.

FUCK DRE FOR NOT PUTTIN NIGGAS ON IN THE WEST.HE HAS THE MOST POWER RIGHT NOW AND HE COULD DO IT IF HE WANTED TO.
How could you possibly say "FUCK DRE"? He has done more for the westcoast than ANYONE else! Regardless, it's not Dre's job to create careers or opportunities for every mutha fuckin' wanna-be rapper that pops up. It's getting real tired to hear cats talk that bullshit. Dre doesn't have to play Captain Save-A-Westcoast-Rapper and he SHOULDN'T. Go make it happen for yourself and quit being so dependant on someone else to hand it to you. Cats don't have half the hustle they claim to and then go whinin' about someone elses business when it doesn't crack for them. That shit is silly.

WE NEED TO GET OUT OF THAT 94,95,96,97 ERA OF MAKIN MUSIC,CAUSE I SEE ALOT OF YAAL STILL STUCK IN THAT TIME.
I said a while back that cats are STILL trying to master a sound that played out 10 years ago while the rest of the world has moved on...or should I say GROWN beyond that. I said that somewhere down the line cats are going to have to admit that to themselves and either change with the times or continue to fail. I'm glad atleast a few of you (meaning bay area rappers) are starting to wake up.

Everybody likes to point their fingers at radio, at mtv, at the eastcoast, at corporate america...basically point their finger at everything under the sun BUT themselves. Nobody can convince me that the westcoast is bringing it's best heat. Unless a miracle happens and all of a sudden the west is winnin' without any changes being made, no one can convince me that we even have the right players on the team.

Cellski made a comment about Def Jam signing WC and who does he appeal to. I agree and feel that way about a lot more than just WC. Cats must have thought I was joking when I said the entire westcoast needs to be rebuilt from the group up.

I love the westcoast man, it runs thru my veins. I just hope cats quit acting ignorant about the situation (if it's an act) so we can get to work on what really needs to be done.

Nov 28, 2002
You must have not read what he said....

But since your not from the bay, its understandable that what he did say didn't have as big an affect on you...

I been here for awhile and if you could point out a statement more real than that, please do.

Apr 25, 2002
cHeWdOGG said:
Maine O of 11/5 in Xplosive magazine:

"I blame it on the lack of backers (big labels, companies, distribution). Guys willing to put up the money to back guys like us. The East Coast, you dont have that problem, now in the South you dont have that problem. As soon as a guy some out and he's got a heavy hitter on his video, then thats it, hes platnium. Theres not a lot of that out here, Big Companies West, and we've been selling records just as long as they have. 4 albums and we been on over 100 projects11/5 has always delieverd some of the best rap money can buy."
Why the fuck would someone put a bunch of money behind cats who are still coming with the same shit they came with 10 years ago? I'm wouldn't back that either!

The east coast can get backing because they have unity AND are coming with new shit. New deliveries, new styles of beats.. East coast rap 2003 sure the fuck don't sound like east coast rap 1993!

There's no big companies out here? I don't know if I should laugh or feel sorry for Maine-O that he actually believes that. I won't even get into how stupid of a comment that is.

Jun 26, 2002
www.facebook.com
bay_dezinz said:
just to point out. dude from def jam kevin whatever said he thought locksmith was better. Def Jam didnt have a say in the final vote it was the public who voted.

Mannn, c'mon, how dumb is that....It waz pre planned....

Think about it....RED DOTT v.s ILL....ILL GOT HIM, NO DOUBT....but look @ him....He don't look Marketableat all....Kevin Liles said ILL won to look good, but tha truth is, he planned wit Method Man 2 advance RED DOTT even tho tha crowd wasn't even feelin RED DOTT....feel me? Dats exactly why he wasn't sitting at tha end, so he wont be tha deciding vote....He don't wanna get hated on....

DATS EXACTLY WHAT THEY DID WITH LOCKSMITH....They're great at making it look good....Tha average viewer would never see what they're actually doin....

I SEE WHY PEOPLE DONT FEEL YOU SIC WID IT.IT SEEMS LIKE YOUR AGAINST US BEING PUT ON TOP.I SAID FUCK DRE CAUSE WHAT HAS DRE DONE FOR CALI SINCE HE STARTED AFTERMATH THE CHRONIC 2000.DRE TAKES TO LONG TO DROP SHIT BACK IN THE NWA DAYS TILL NOW.HE HAS THE 2 HOTTEST MCS RIGHT NOW,HE NEED TO AT LEAST ATTEMPT TO BRING SOME LIGHT TO US AND IM NOT JUST TALKIN BOUT LA IM TALKIN BOUT THE BAY AND CALI IN ALL.WHY SHOULDNT DRE PLAY CAPT SAVE A WEST COAST,IF I HAD AS MUCH POWER AS DRE AND I SEE NIGGAS DISREPECTING AND NOBODY FROM CALI BEIN PUT ON I WOULD USE MY POWERS WITHIN,BUT DO WE KNOW HOW MUCH DRE REALLY LOVES CALIFORNIA CAUSE I SHOW IN THE FUCK LOVE IT AND IF I HAD DRES SHOES I WOULD MAKE THE INDUSTRY LOVE US AGAIN.NIGGAS BEEN TRYIN TO NO AVAIL AND IT WAS PROOVEN ON MTV

Nov 28, 2002
Sick Wid It said:
Why the fuck would someone put a bunch of money behind cats who are still coming with the same shit they came with 10 years ago? I'm wouldn't back that either!
11/5 sounds NOTHING like they did 10 years ago. Infact cats hate on them cause they don't!!!

Apr 25, 2002
man,i dont think that shit was the publics vote.if locksmith won that shit,he still aint gonna sell like reign man will.they support that shit.east coast supports east coast.def jam done had richie rich and wc and they know even slappin the def jam logo on a west coast artist aint gonna make it sell....east supports east and west supports east....

out east who do they buy? the jay-z's,method man's,nas's,jarule's....

out here on the west,fuck it,up here in northern cali.who are we buyin? the jay z's,method man's,nas's,jarule's....

aint nothin we can do about it cus the mag's and mtv and the basement got cats brainwashed.remember back in like the mid 90's.the rapcity (w/joe clary and big lez) was playin all kinds a bay shit,black dynasty,mac mall,the coup,tru,dru down,every thing "we" was bumpin back then,"they" was playin the videos....

its a money issue now and these big labels got it sowed up from the source to mtv to bet and its gettin to murder dog....

now i dont see no northern cali artist blowin up nationally any mothafuckin time soon,not that no bodys worthy of doin so,but they dont want it that way....

the money aint in nor cal artists,its in the east coast cats....

now reign man was a very tight mothafucka up till he fucked with locksmith,reign man just didnt have it anymore....now i know all them def jam and mtv dudes knew that lyricaly,lock roasted him,but its about the money....they know how much a bay cat is gonna make them....its gonna make them a mothafuckin flop,thats the truth....in the valley and the bay we can all say we only support nor cal shit,but "we" only account for a small fraction of the sales....the rest of the mothafuckas are still gonna buy what they see on the basement and trl....

we need support from our soil....out south an artist can make a mill from just sellin down south,independitly....out east they got it sowed....down in l.a. they got it a lot better then us.thats the "west coast" right there....

fuck that this is "Northern Cali Side"....and we support every body else in this mothafucka but our own selves....it aint gonna change unless we get to a broader audience....hit the liquor stores,hit the clubs,hit the cruisin' strips....BUT, you gotta start hittin the square fairs man....all these upper class white folks are buyin rap but they dont see our shit....go to there hang outs man,go to dennys man,go to starbucks man.go to krispy kream donuts man.if they dont wanna buy but they "do" like rap give the mothafucka a free cd.your only losin a dollar or so that you'll make back any way....thats real man....mtv aint gonna give you a chance so you gotta make a chance for your self....

Apr 26, 2002
www.PROJECTAFFILIATED.com
Foul Mouth said:

fuck that this is "Northern Cali Side"....and we support every body else in this mothafucka but our own selves....it aint gonna change unless we get to a broader audience....hit the liquor stores,hit the clubs,hit the cruisin' strips....BUT, you gotta start hittin the square fairs man....all these upper class white folks are buyin rap but they dont see our shit....go to there hang outs man,go to dennys man,go to starbucks man.go to krispy kream donuts man.if they dont wanna buy but they "do" like rap give the mothafucka a free cd.your only losin a dollar or so that you'll make back any way....thats real man....mtv aint gonna give you a chance so you gotta make a chance for your self....
-->the key rite there....hit folx up @ starbucks....
good post foul mouth....and i think if we had "radio" support in our areas it would be a different story....in a way there are the only thing we can call our own since they are the only ones that reside in the valley/bay (i know most are owned by clear channel but im sure they got some say in what gets played cuz they do play the bay every once in a while)
->i do see a growing trend though--more and more local radio stations are playing more bay area shit and players like cellski, done deal and locksmith are making major moves in different areas....
best believe
THE BAY IS ON THE RISE