Them Clips

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

PGBD

Sicc OG
Nov 10, 2004
Baseball has got to be one of the most boring games to watch. It's right up there with soccer and hockey. Even the playoffs, which are generally the most exciting times in any sport, are hella boring. Why it's still our national past time is beyond me.

On a side note, there needs to be more Black Americans playing the game.

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
Baseball is coo for me to watch, but it took me many years to actually be able to sit down and watch. Football seems to be the national past time these days. It is actually very boring to watch but you just gotta wonder how dudes can throw 90+ and them crazy breaking pitches/sliders.

May 2, 2002
I don't how you guys can find football boring...well, G-Dubb anyway.

And of course college football has more scoring...most of the players suck.

USC vs. Central North Dakota (I don't know if that's a real team, but you get my point). I wonder who's gonna win.....

May 2, 2002
PGBD said:
Because the league is depleted and I'm not talking about the Latin ones. I'm talking about the ones that are culturally similar to the rest of us Americans.
Does it really matter? Black is Black, and baseball is baseball.

Who cares where they come from.

May 9, 2002
gimpypimp said:
I don't how you guys can find football boring...well, G-Dubb anyway.

And of course college football has more scoring...most of the players suck.

USC vs. Central North Dakota (I don't know if that's a real team, but you get my point). I wonder who's gonna win.....
NO...ONLY ONE TEAM SUCKS...GET IT RIGHT...

BUT YOU DONT SEE MANY 10-7 GAMES IN COLLEGE...AND WHO WOULD???WHO WANTS TO SEE 20 3 AND OUTS BY EACH TEAM WITH 10 PUNTS EACH...YEAH THATS REAL EXCITING..I WANNA SEE 45-40...RUNNIN AND GUNNIN...BIG DEFENSIVE PLAYS WHEN IT COUNTS....PLUS THERES 10X THE KICK/PUNT BLOCKING IN COLLEGE...ITS JUST WAY MORE EXCITING...

AND NFL GUYS GET PAID MILLIONS..AND IT SHOWS...HALF THEM CATS PLAY HALF ASS CUS THEY DONT GIVE 2 FUCKS ABOUT ANYTHING..THEY ALREADY GOT THERE CHEDDAR....COLLEGE KIDS ARE HUNGRY....AND THEY PLAY FOR SCHOOL PRIDE AS WELL AS A CHANCE TO PLAYS ON SUNDAYS....WHERE ELSE ARE YOU GONNA HAVE 100,00+ FANS IN A STADIUM SCREAMIN FOR A TEAM???NOT IN THE NFL...

May 2, 2002
I'm not saying I don't like college football, I just like the NFL better. College games are too long, and most of them are blow-outs.

Most NFL games don't score that many points cause everyone is better. It's harder to score...and there isn't much separating the good teams from the bad.

And I may be wrong, but I don't think all college stadiums are 100,00 +. It's only the colleges where there is nothing else to do or see.

Alabama, Nebraska, Wisconsin, etc.

Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
gimpypimp said:
And I may be wrong, but I don't think all college stadiums are 100,00 +. It's only the colleges where there is nothing else to do or see.

I guess UCLA and Ann Arbor are exceptions then. I'm sure the 100,000+ that the Rose Bowl and The Big House are people who can't find anything to do in LA or Detroit.

I think College is more intimate and appealing because you can get so close to the players with them being regular students from monday thru friday. Also you may follow certain local high school players progress through college....case in point I've always followed the careers of guys like Darren Sproles, Brandon Lloyd and Ladell Betts just because they were from the Kansas City area.

I'm a college football guy, Michigan til I die. The only interest I have in the NFL is the Bears and my fantasy football team. I'm starting to warm up to the Chiefs now that I've lived in KC for 8 years. But as much fun as I've had going to a Chiefs game at Arrowhead Stadium, I would rather see a college game any day of the week over a NFL game. Like this weekend I'm going to a NCAA Division II football game at Arrowhead between NW Missouri State and Pittsburg State. I'm into it because I went to NW Missouri and had many friends on the football team in their championship seasons. But I think any casual sports fan could come to the game and get excited and have fun.

I just dont think you could plug the average fan into a NFL game and get the same results.

Also about the parody in the NFL compared to college football....you have to remember there are 117 some odd Division I football programs compared to 32? NFL teams. With almost 4x as many teams ofcourse you're going to have a lot more lopsided matchups.

How many NFL games a year do you say "WOW that was a great game that I'll remember forever?"

I've seen more than a handful in college football since Jan 1, 2005
Iowa v LSU
Michigan v Texas
USC v ND
Michigan v Iowa
Michigan v Michigan St.
Michigan v Penn State

I guess its all a matter of personal preference and geographical location.

May 2, 2002
techn9nehq said:
I guess UCLA and Ann Arbor are exceptions then. I'm sure the 100,000+ that the Rose Bowl and The Big House are people who can't find anything to do in LA or Detroit.
I said I may be wrong.

I wasn't counting LA though. Obviously the biggest city in the U.S. would have a couple of big stadiums.

May 9, 2002
gimpypimp said:
I'm not saying I don't like college football, I just like the NFL better. College games are too long, and most of them are blow-outs.

Most NFL games don't score that many points cause everyone is better. It's harder to score...and there isn't much separating the good teams from the bad.

FLORIDA,MIAMI AND FLORIDA STATE ALL SEAT OVER 85,000...AS DOES USC AND UCLA AND CAL...HUSKY STADUIM SEATS 70,000...

MICHIGAN,OHIO STATE AND PENN STATE ALL HOUSE OVER 100,000...

AS A DIVISION ONE SCHOOL..THERES A MINMUM OF 40,000 SEATS PER STADIUM....THATS RIGHT AROUND WHAT THE NFL SEATS PER STADIUM...

May 2, 2002
NFL stadiums seat well over 40,000

They range anywhere from 60,000 to almost 90,000. Many teams seat over 70,000.

The only team that probably gets 40,000 are the Cardinals, and that's probably cause nobody shows up.