The Woman in Black

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 18, 2003

I'm nowhere close to being a horror film connoisseur so please take what I say with a grain of salt. Don't get me wrong I like them, but until I'm actually sitting down watching one they don't often appeal to my interests. My room mate is a pretty big fan so I've been watching them more and more lately. We put this one on last night with high hopes because it looked decent and it got a pertty good rating on iMDB (7.1 - this is quite high for the genre). The movie did not disappoint one bit. I don't want to hype it up but at the same time I don't want to undersell it so I'll keep it short.

I can't say for sure if Radcliffe was good in this or not--he definitely wasn't bad--but I do think this was a very good transition for him away from the Harry Potter films. It's hard to get away from something like that when that's all people think about when they see you. The guy who he was dealing with in the latter half of the film was excellent and key to adding to the suspense of several parts. Forgot his name and I'm too lazy to look it up but you'll know who I'm talking about.

If you have the time, and nothing better to watch then give it a shot. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

7.6/10

Btw the fact I made this it's own thread is not a reflection on how I feel towards the movie, I'm just keeping it within the forum rules.