"The Weakest Beat" Producer Battle

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Who had the Best Beat?

• STINJ-E

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • J-Brill

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OPM 1

• Infinte Money

• Andrew Allen

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Beathoven

• G-Wiz

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • KB

• Zion

• Six Fingers

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Stinje Mac

Producer/Artist
Apr 25, 2005
Hollywood, CA
www.stinje.com
"The Weakest beat" is coming to an end and they are in the process of trying to figure out who were the 4 best producers on the show. I need you guys to help me figure out who's beat yall liked the best and who you thought had the weakest beat. The winner of this show gets an MPC 4000, so I would appreciate yall support to help me win that. Check out all the shows below, and if you want to hear the beat that was made on the show in it's entirety then go to http://www.theweakestbeat.podshow.com/ there is a section there where you can hear all the beats for all the producers. The funny thing is that I sold the beat that I made on the show and it was featured on that Berner and Equipto album "Track Money & Pack Money" and I even got that song played on KMEL on the Hot Box, if you want to check that out just go to my myspace page www.myspace.com/stinje I got it up on there as the last song. I would greatly appreciate it if yall voted for me by sending a message to http://www.myspace.com/theweakestbeat

WHAT IS THE WEAKEST BEAT?
The Weakest Beat is a platform for selected beat makers and producers to showcase their talents and to be judged each week.

The Contest
Pre-selected contestants are visited at their home/studio with an element that we call “the Image of the Week.” This image will evoke emotion on many different levels. The contestants are required to make beats according to the image. So when the judges look at the image and play the contestant’s beat, the two must coincide with one another.

The Judging
Celebrity Judges at the end of the season will grade each contestant's track and photo within the context of four categories:

1. Originality
2. Dynamics
3. Cleanliness
4. Over all emotion.

Stinje Mac

Producer/Artist
Apr 25, 2005
Hollywood, CA
www.stinje.com
I WISH THEY HAD GOT ME ON THE SHOW!

i talked to dude but i guess he was not intrested.........

i would have made 5 slappers in 30 min.....HANDS DOWN

good shit though!
5 beats in 30 minutes LOL, but yea when they set up those bright ass lights up in your studio and got the camera all in your face that shit can get stressful, honestly I didn't like the whole time limit thing, 2 hours goes by faster then you think

Stinje Mac

Producer/Artist
Apr 25, 2005
Hollywood, CA
www.stinje.com
Man I wanted to like the show, I really did. But unfortunately the quality of the music composed in each episode I watched, lacked tremendously.
I think that may have something to do with that time limit, producers weren't able to be comfortable enough to even make a beat to their full potential. if I had more time I would of made a few beats and chose the best one

Stinje Mac

Producer/Artist
Apr 25, 2005
Hollywood, CA
www.stinje.com
cuzo.... ive had plenty of cameras on me making beats...just go to youtube and SEARCH INDECENT the SLAPMASTER....im not being cocky, im just tellin the truth......i love the camera and it loves me main. I MAKE SLAPS (REAL QULITY TRACKS) in no more then ten homie.......i hear it in my head and lay it down.....simple as that.

good luck though.
I believe that you can make a tight beat in 10 minutes, but on the show making the beat wasn't the only thing that I had to do. First thing that took up some time was matching up the sample with the drum beat, usually i can do that pretty fast but this sample was kinda tricky, it kept sounding off beat. Plus I was on limewire trying to find some more samples of crying, and I couldn't find any, and my friend that i called wasn't any help, he was busy watching the Warriors playoff game lol. Then I made like 4 sequences with hella breakdowns and hella sounds. After I was done with the beat, I had to track it out also, and I know that my process for tracking isn't the fastest because i don't sync my shit, I just snip all the waves manually. Then after tracking it I had to organize all the sounds on protools and loop everything, and then I had to mix the whole thing and get it sounding right, and mess with the plug ins and all that. So making the beat wasn't my only obstacle it was all that other stuff I had to do afterwards.

Stinje Mac

Producer/Artist
Apr 25, 2005
Hollywood, CA
www.stinje.com
So, why is it called "the weakest beat"? Is it supposed to be "ironic"?
It's because on the first season they had like 11 contestants and every week the person with the weakest beat would get eliminated, but for this season it's different, there's supposed to be a winner and someone who gets the title of having the weakest beat. If you wanna see the format of the first season check out www.theweakestbeat.com

Stinje Mac

Producer/Artist
Apr 25, 2005
Hollywood, CA
www.stinje.com
i can do all that in 45 min tops.....mine is sync, tracked out, broke down, mixeddown ready for mastering and on to cd. you sould sync ya shit up it will be easyer on you and your clients. you got a good list of people you have produced for. i dont samples because its too easy for me, i compose all my music, i have sampled here and there in the past but i like to REMAKE a song if somebody is tring to get that feel. I just feel i would have been a good competeter on this show because the show is WHAT I DO every day of my life......ive tryed constantly to get a dude and 1 day he said it was cool then the next it was somthing different....its good though.....it dosent slow me down it just makes me push harder.
I just talked to Greg Milk today and I told him about this thread and he saw your posts, he said he wanted to get you on the show but you never sent in your entry track, your picture, and a short Bio, maybe if they do another season you can get on it

Stinje Mac

Producer/Artist
Apr 25, 2005
Hollywood, CA
www.stinje.com
i emailed all that
including bio's....myspace,soundclick, greag was suppose to get back at me and i waited patioently....like i said its good.....as a matter of fact he told me he look at all the info i sent and said i hade mad talent when i bumped into him on Sonoma Blv in Vallejo and he said would get everything together to start the prosess with me.

know that i spoke up i probly wont make the 2nd show now but it good......i hope the best for all of yall!

P.S. i think KEV B killed it.
that's wack that they didn't get back to you, Greg said that he never got the stuff, I don't know that's weird. But yea Kev-B won the show, he's getting the MPC 4000, I gotta give it up to him he made a dope track, he captured that picture really well. The weakest beat is going to be either Infinite Money or G-Wiz, I don't know what do yall think about that one. But I'm kinda mad that I didn't make the final 5 to be judged by the celebrity's judges, because the final 5 producers were picked by the contestants from last years show which was a podcast, and it was only audio with no video. So after talking to Greg Milk I found out that the contestants from last years show were hella bitter with this season, because they didn't get a chance to shine on video like we did, so I'm guessing I got hated on by those guys, and I never even got a chance to get my track heard by the celebrity judges. Some of the cats that scored higher then me had some straight weak ass beats, but whatever, it was a good opportunity to be on the show either way, that shit gave me a lot of exposure so I'm not really that mad about it.