The Texas Board of Educaiton votes on The Age Of The Universe...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
yes, it indeed happened

You got to be kidding me!

Nothing shocks me anymore.

I love collective stupidity. I wonder how idiots get into power being as stupid as they actually are.

I love how stupid this actually is tho, they all dont agree so they vote as if thats going to change anything. Like somehow democracy will some how make any theory absolute truth.

Jul 6, 2008
but, but, but, wait hold on, wait a sec here... dinosuars and humans lived together, so taht must mean the universe is 5000 years old.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
It is much less of a fact than the age of the universe. The wavelength of the light you see is a fact, the color is not
The word estimate(s) was used several times in the video you posted. With that being said, the age of the universe is not fact. I can tell you EXACTLY how old I am down to the smallest unit of measurement. You, nor anyone else, can tell anyone EXACTLY how old the age of the universe is. What can be given are approximations and estimates, so I suggest you watch your video again.

EDIT: and even with the wmap data you're still off by like 100-130 million years.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
The word estimate(s) was used several times in the video you posted. With that being said, the age of the universe is not fact. I can tell you EXACTLY how old I am down to the smallest unit of measurement. You, nor anyone else, can tell anyone EXACTLY how old the age of the universe is. What can be given are approximations and estimates, so I suggest you watch your video again.

EDIT: and even with the wmap data you're still off by like 100-130 million years.
It is a fact that the age of the universe is more than 10GYa. It is not a fact that it is 13,999,999,999 or 13,000,000,000 or anything else that accurate.

And it is a fact that it is not 6000 to 10,000, and that's what people have trouble with, which is the reason why it is even a subject of discussion by the Texas Board of Education

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Wow! Let me one up you. The universe is more than 11 Gya!

Ohhhhhhhhh!!!!
You can certainly do that, up to 12.6GYa if I am not mistaken, which is the age of the most distant objects observed. The precise figure does not matter, what matters is that it is not 10KYa.

So red could be blue?

Mind = Blown.
First, you can't define red and blue because the wavelength spectrum is a continuum with no boundaries between the "colors", and second, what you are perceiving is the wavelength (or to be more precise, the combination of wavelengths) of the incoming light, not the color. Also, other species can see portions of the spectrum that we can't. In other words, color is a mental construction, red and blue exist only in our brains, the physical reality does not include such thing as color.

And it should be possible in principle, although it will not be an easy experiment to rewire the system in such a way as to experience blue as red and red and blue after it has been already conditioned on the correct assignment.

Mar 18, 2003
You can certainly do that, up to 12.6GYa if I am not mistaken, which is the age of the most distant objects observed. The precise figure does not matter, what matters is that it is not 10KYa.
So I can say that it is more than 8, 9 10, 11 or even 12Gya.

But not 10Kya. Oh fuck no, not 10 Kya.

And I'm stating facts! Fuck, this shit is easy!

First, you can't define red and blue because the wavelength spectrum is a continuum with no boundaries between the "colors", and second, what you are perceiving is the wavelength (or to be more precise, the combination of wavelengths) of the incoming light, not the color. Also, other species can see portions of the spectrum that we can't. In other words, color is a mental construction, red and blue exist only in our brains, the physical reality does not include such thing as color.
Have you ever shopped at Wavelengths? I think it's only in Fresno but you can find some decent shit there. Not my cup of tea but give it a shot.

Mar 18, 2003
ThaG- You have a strong mind and you hold true to your convictions. But if you honestly believe you can parade around in this forum acting like your shit don't stink, believe me, you're going to be shit on. You will be laughed at. Period. And by all means, tell us how little you care about this forum or what people think about you. It makes no difference to us. I prefer you stick around if/when you can legitimately discuss the topics here. You usually (used to) have some insight into these types of conversations. But you have been acting like a fool as of late. Get your shit straight!

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
I am not the one who talks about shopping at Wavelengths in Fresno (whatever the fuck this is) in response to a serious post

Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
It is a fact that the age of the universe is more than 10GYa. It is not a fact that it is 13,999,999,999 or 13,000,000,000 or anything else that accurate.

And it is a fact that it is not 6000 to 10,000, and that's what people have trouble with, which is the reason why it is even a subject of discussion by the Texas Board of Education
Yes the age of the universe is more then 1 minute old and thats a fact. Their is no absolute age of the universe and thats a fact.

It would be impossible to determine he age of the universe considering that matter can only travel at the speed of light.

Any assumption greater then 10 billion years would be acceptable.

Mar 18, 2003
I am not the one who talks about shopping at Wavelengths in Fresno (whatever the fuck this is) in response to a serious post
However, you are the one who posts extremely large images, with zero explanation as to their relevance; you make posts derailing threads from their point and most of what you say (recently) is trying to one up someone by providing a much deeper origin for their response than is needed. If F happens because of D, we are not necessarily concerned that A caused B, which caused C, which caused D. I trust that you can wrap your mind around that concept.