The State of Sacramento Rap

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 8, 2010
It was well written, but you should have listened to a few more rappers before writing about Sacramento rap. Like Young Dre D and Mr Doc (and anyone else mentioned in this thread). Don't waste your time on C-Lim though, his music is garbage.

Jan 27, 2010
Thanks to everyone for checking out the article. I've never heard too much from C-Way, Skee 64, GP The Beast or Young Dre D. I'll be sure and look into them.
I didn't include Mr. Doctor or Marvalass because they're not active anymore as far as I know.

The article wasn't supposed to be a comprehensive list, just my perspective. Hopefully it introduced some people to good music, which is why I do the site in the first place.

PHANTOM

Apr 25, 2002
WWW.HITWORKSGRAVY.COM
Sacramento rap has become very local. Not too many people outside of Sac listen to it. Cats cant even sell 1,000 units in their own city. Once people start putting the money and quality back into their music itll be more loved and recognized, because there is talent in Sac no doubt.

May 24, 2002
www.sovereign-records.com
good read but i am honestly one of the busiest dudes from sac.. i aint tryin to toot my own horn but i be on the road constantly , gotta nice following , move thousands of units on the road ..do hella shows in different cities and states.. i move with nutty , raided , nasty north , young droop ,and hella established dudes..we all eat and gotten money together. i fuck wit my fans in all cities , i stop ,have a drink wit em , chop it up tuff.. i do hella features ( probably well over 100 verse knocks this year alone ) my 14th album drops this month , i fucks wit everyone...study up one time all facts , cant deny my work ethic.. i used to really be on that "sac unity" type shit tryn to fuck wit folks out here.. but i gave that shit up when i realized only a few of us know how to get outta town and get bread.. call me the underdog but boy have i had a great year independantly managing my own shit getttin it .. stratagizing and stayin afloat.. theres many ways to eat in this shit.. i wear all the hats

coming soon C-DUBB & YOUNG LOC "risk & revenue
featuring ; PHILTHY RICH , MESSY MARV , T-NUTTY , HOLLOWTIP , LIL RAIDER , NASTY NORTH , JAY TEE , LIL RO ,

and YOUNG DROOP & C-DUBB "KRYTIKAL KONDITION" feat. T-NUTTY , LIL RAIDER , YOUNG LOC , STONE KOLD , KAOZ THE ASSASSIN AND MORE TBA