THE Slang

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 1, 2007
sup peepz, i got kinda weird question:

so who started this slang like "da" and "tha"?whats the deference between this two?what does it depend on, when u use which form?
example: "paid tha cost 2 be da boss"
why not "paid da cost 2 be tha boss"?
who started this shit?i noticed 2pac never used "da".
school me bout "ebonics" :cool:

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I think its just an evolution of language. The same way running becomes runnin' because its just easier to say during a conversation. The human mind has the ability to "dumb down" language in order to make it more efficient. I don't think there's really a difference between the and da besides spelling. If you listen close enough and argue that there is a phonetic difference between the "d" and "th" sound in the, then there's a chance its just a regional adaptation that caught on, kind of like a dialect.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
DiTopShotta said:
so why tupac never used "da"?west coast rappers rarely use "da".but some do.
if they "represent" "west coast dialect" so why they still use "da"?
he's right about that, misspelled words were most extensively used in East Coast rap; Onyx and BCC immediately come to mind

TROLL

Sicc OG
Aug 8, 2003
WHITE DEVIL said:
Na wha gwa maan

Why dey hatin on ya jus fa talkin da talk mon

Sev o Sev you need ti git ya mine right bra

I spit hot fire
da bes rapper eez.. dylan.. dylan, dylan dylan dylan.

Aug 6, 2006
DiTopShotta said:
sup peepz, i got kinda weird question:

so who started this slang like "da" and "tha"?whats the deference between this two?what does it depend on, when u use which form?
example: "paid tha cost 2 be da boss"
why not "paid da cost 2 be tha boss"?
who started this shit?i noticed 2pac never used "da".
school me bout "ebonics" :cool:
Well, African American slang or African American vernacular is probably due in large part by the dumbing down of language but certain lexical items and grammatical structures that are present in African American English Vernacular are also in equal part descended from west African dialects.

This article should be particularly instructive..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_American_Vernacular_English