The Shows/Tours Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DNI

Sicc OG
May 5, 2002

Found out this is coming to my town.. pretty fuckin stoked. Always wanted to see Danzig. Marduk, Possessed and Withered are just the icing on the cake.

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
GREATEST CONCERT GOING DAY OF MY LIFE!!!

Day started off with Bumbershoot at the Seattle Center, I saw Idiot Pilot, Health, Atlas Sound, Feral Children, Bob Dylan and Ozomalti. All were super dope. After that we went to another venue in Seattle and saw the Spits. Myself and the two guys I was with got front row center some how. We all rocked our face off, super fun. After that it was 1:30, I thought the night was over but oh no. Next we went to an Underground concert that was the craziest thing I've ever been to. It was kind of weird to get to, definitely not something you could just stumble into. When we opened the door to go in, the event coordinator or some guy with an ear piece stopped us and told us it was all over, but we knew better, we told him we were there to see Throne of Bone, he let us right in. The band hadnt even started yet. Inside was a bar that was serving drinks till 4...illegal. Everybody was smokings cigs inside...illegal. After TOB's 3rd song the event guy that was at the door brought the band a sick looking pipe with a fresh bowl to smoke...illegal. The band chiefed on stage facing everybody, it was dope. I was waiting for people to be passing around a mirror with lines on it. It was just a fucking amazing day/night/morning of music, I'm still super amped. The music went from super soft and easy at the festival to awesome energetic punk to rape nuns thrashy black metal.

Just had to share...

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
Bumbershoot Festival Videos

Someone really needs to develop a video stabilizer app for the iPhone 4. Anything that's in a lot of light looks like shit cause it's so shaky. Meh, sounds good.

Idiot Pilot

Weezer

HEALTH

Feral Children (2 BADASS SONGS)

Ozomatli

Courtney Love (Jeremy - Pearl Jam Cover)

It was an End Session for Press people. She butchers the song, but it was still awesome. I got fucking goosebumps. That's Kurt Cobain's widow singing a fucking Pearl Jam song. Plus it was private, I felt pretty special.

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
dang, that is good sound for being recorded with a phone.
Hell yeah! Videos are shaky because they haven't made an iPhone 4 video stabilizer yet but IMO the sound more then makes up for it.

I just shot Baroness's entire set, it was 10 songs and an hour long. I'm going to extract the audio and put it up here, should make for a pretty badass bootleg.

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
I caught Man Man for the first time.....Holy Moley it was weird, AWESOME, but yeah, super weird.

Here's one of the vids I got. Go to my channel if you want to catch more.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Saw Omar Rodriguez Lopez last night. Was the usual 'this is cool but fuck I wish I was on drugs' kinda shit, but they had this band Le Butcherettes opening that was goddamn insane/awesome.

They're like if QOTSA was fronted by a Mexican Bjork lol. She was running around the crowd with a feather duster cleaning the floor and the bar, crowd surfing, dragged the mic stand down in the middle of everyone and snapped it in half. Was a really good show.

May 16, 2002
I just got my tixits in the mail this week for Interpol at the Fox Theatre in Oakland next month. Pretty stoked...it is a cool venue and I have never seen Interpol live...

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
I caught Helms Alee again last Thursday. Got video of 3 new songs. I've heard they will be recording a new album next month.

Sound wasn't as good as my usual concert vids. Neumos (the venue) is super loud and I was up front, I think/hope that's why it doesn't sound as great.

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
I caught the Melvins tonight in Tacoma. Got a couple vids here from probably the best place in the house. Both songs are off their newest album. During the first video the bass player (Jared) goes after a fan. Totally bad ass!

May 31, 2007
Just saw M.I.A. tonight...... omg. im still on cloud 9 and shit. That female is gorgrous. I got to sip from her patron, hold her hand, and met her. Im like a little girl at a fuckin Justin Beiber concert. omg... but as for show. that shit was amazing man. just fucking amazing.. ill probably type a review or something later, im too excited and can only say OMG and dude..
I get to see her again tomorrow

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
Great videos by the way Palmer.
Thanks a lot Cory, I can't hit a show anymore without taking at least a couple videos. I'm actually at a show right now I'll post vids later. Oh and Brian Cook (Botch, Russian Circles, TAAS) is here, so weird seeing these god damn Botch guys....literally a testicle for them to play another show, I'd even chop it off myself.

EDIT: I'm going to see Minus the Bear tomorrow, there's another Botch guy, someone needs to get Tim out of bagging groceries at Whole Foods so he can come bang on the skins.